As EAP users, our job is to find bugs and flush out issues with the latest builds. And in that role, we also have a responsibility to raise concerns and to challenge JetBrains on what features are and are not implemented. (In other words, we sometimes complain and whine :) ).
I know JetBrains understands that that is our role, and 99.9% of the time it is done in a very professional manner in these forums and in JIRA reports. Nevertheless, everyone likes some praise from time to time. And I think JetBrains deserves some for IDEA 7.
So I thought it would be nice if we all took a few moments and told JetBrains (and other EAP users) what are some of our favorite changes in IDEA 7.
Personally, I am very excited about this release. My favorite changes are:
1. Spring integration. An an awesome implementation at that.
2. Project settings rework. A lot of us were not happy with the changes made to project settings in 6. I feel as if JetBrains listened to our concerns and greatly improved project settings in 7.
3. Maven integration.
4. Create project from source. (Some nice improvements were made).
5. Ability to run many tasks in the background
I want to thank Alex for his inspiration for this thread. He had this comment in one of his posts in the Find Bar UI - for everyone... thread (http://intellij.net/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=5199276#5199276).
To end this on a good note, here's five new things in Selena which I make use of every
day. These features are 100% goodness:
1. Compile/Find/Inspect in the background!
2. All the Textfields support your keybindings like CTRL+BACKSPACE and camel case navigation.
3. Fix All 'x' problem Intention
4. Debuugger Auto variables mode.
5. 60+ new inspections (and now with that New in 7 button you can actually see them in Errors dialog!!)
Please post your favorite features, changes, improvements, etc. about IDEA 7 (Selena). (Feel free to list those already posted.)