annoying tooltip

The tool tip that pops up when you place the mouse over an editor tab
almost always obscures the "Close all Editors But This" choice on the
context menu, making this option very hard to select... Could you make
the tool tip pop up above the mouse so it doesn't obstruct the menu? Or
make it go away immediately when the context menu is selected?

Here's a screenshot:





Attachment(s):
tooltip-annoyance.gif
9 comments

The tooltip goes away when the context menu is selected for me.

WinXP, Selena build 7027

"Arthur Blake" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:f5rjh9$doi$1@is.intellij.net...

The tool tip that pops up when you place the mouse over an editor tab
almost always obscures the "Close all Editors But This" choice on the
context menu, making this option very hard to select... Could you make
the tool tip pop up above the mouse so it doesn't obstruct the menu? Or
make it go away immediately when the context menu is selected?

>

Here's a screenshot:

>
>
>



0

I'm using WinXP and Selena build 7027 as well.

When you say "when the context menu is selected for me" do you mean when
the context menu appears, or when you make a selection on the context
menu? The tooltip does go away once I select a menu item, but not
before. And most of the time, the tooltip completely obscures the
second choice ("Close all Editors But This") on the menu item, making it
impossible to select that choice immediately.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Brad L. wrote:

The tooltip goes away when the context menu is selected for me.

WinXP, Selena build 7027

"Arthur Blake" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:f5rjh9$doi$1@is.intellij.net...

>> The tool tip that pops up when you place the mouse over an editor tab
>> almost always obscures the "Close all Editors But This" choice on the
>> context menu, making this option very hard to select... Could you make
>> the tool tip pop up above the mouse so it doesn't obstruct the menu? Or
>> make it go away immediately when the context menu is selected?
>>
>> Here's a screenshot:
>>
>>
>>
>>


0

When the context menu appears, the tooltip goes away.

"Arthur Blake" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:f5ro93$jqp$1@is.intellij.net...

I'm using WinXP and Selena build 7027 as well.

>

When you say "when the context menu is selected for me" do you mean when
the context menu appears, or when you make a selection on the context
menu? The tooltip does go away once I select a menu item, but not before.
And most of the time, the tooltip completely obscures the second choice
("Close all Editors But This") on the menu item, making it impossible to
select that choice immediately.

>

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

>

Brad L. wrote:

>> The tooltip goes away when the context menu is selected for me.
>>
>> WinXP, Selena build 7027
>>
>> "Arthur Blake" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
>> news:f5rjh9$doi$1@is.intellij.net...
>>> The tool tip that pops up when you place the mouse over an editor tab
>>> almost always obscures the "Close all Editors But This" choice on the
>>> context menu, making this option very hard to select... Could you make
>>> the tool tip pop up above the mouse so it doesn't obstruct the menu? Or
>>> make it go away immediately when the context menu is selected?
>>>
>>> Here's a screenshot:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>

0

When the context menu appears, the tooltip goes away.


What is see is that if the context menu is brought up quickly, it appears first then the tooltip appears & covers the 2nd option in the menu. It is difficult to see that the 2nd option is selected while the tooltip obscures it.

0

Right, that's what I see, and even worse, the tooltip blocks your click,
if you try to click the second choice -- making it difficult to select
this via the mouse 90% of the time-- and leading to aggravation.

I'm not seeing what Brad is seeing.

Jon Steelman wrote:
>> When the context menu appears, the tooltip goes away.


What is see is that if the context menu is brought up quickly, it appears first then the tooltip appears & covers the 2nd option in the menu. It is difficult to see that the 2nd option is selected while the tooltip obscures it.

0

What lnf are you using?

"Arthur Blake" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:f5rqoa$fke$1@is.intellij.net...

Right, that's what I see, and even worse, the tooltip blocks your click,
if you try to click the second choice -- making it difficult to select
this via the mouse 90% of the time-- and leading to aggravation.

>

I'm not seeing what Brad is seeing.

>

Jon Steelman wrote:

>>> When the context menu appears, the tooltip goes away.
>>
>> What is see is that if the context menu is brought up quickly, it appears
>> first then the tooltip appears & covers the 2nd option in the menu. It is
>> difficult to see that the 2nd option is selected while the tooltip
>> obscures it.


0

The Alloy. Glass Theme.

Brad L. wrote:

What lnf are you using?

"Arthur Blake" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:f5rqoa$fke$1@is.intellij.net...

>> Right, that's what I see, and even worse, the tooltip blocks your click,
>> if you try to click the second choice -- making it difficult to select
>> this via the mouse 90% of the time-- and leading to aggravation.
>>
>> I'm not seeing what Brad is seeing.
>>
>> Jon Steelman wrote:
>>>> When the context menu appears, the tooltip goes away.
>>> What is see is that if the context menu is brought up quickly, it appears
>>> first then the tooltip appears & covers the 2nd option in the menu. It is
>>> difficult to see that the 2nd option is selected while the tooltip
>>> obscures it.


0

What I see is that the tooltip goes away when the context menu is displayed, but if the context menu is displayed and the mouse is then moved a fraction away from it (onto the tab), the tooltip appears over the menu.

0

Yes, I see that too.

"Dave Lorde" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:31677052.1182949325234.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

What I see is that the tooltip goes away when the context menu is
displayed, but if the context menu is displayed and the mouse is then
moved a fraction away from it (onto the tab), the tooltip appears over the
menu.



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.