I noticed that Find Usages appeared to be using both cores of my
Intel Duel Core workstation Windows XP SP2, so I was interested
if there was a performance increase versus 6.0.x
I did a anecdotal performance test on a single class in my
project that has many usages: 11,441 usages. I did a Find
Usages in both 6.0.3 and Selena EAP 6776.
6.0.3: Single Threaded Find Usages Running in Foreground
Elapsed Wall Time: 5 min 50 sec or 350 sec
Selena EAP 6776: Multi-Threaded Find Usages Running in Foreground.
(I'm not sure how many threads it was using, but both cores were busy)
Elapsed Wall Time: 8 min 0 sec or 480 sec
So, Selena EAP 6776 appeared to be 37% slower than 6.0.3 which I thought
was surprising, because Selena EAP 6776 appeared to be utilizing both cores
whereas on 6.0.3 only one core was being used.
I realize that Selena EAP is a WIP and maybe debugging or something is slowing
it down, but since I did see it using both cores, it was veyr surpising that
it was 37% slower than 6.0.3 rather than closer to the theoretical 50% faster
I had exepcted.
Also, keep in mind I only did this test with a Find Usages on a single class,
although I did repeat th test once and got the same results.