Unusually high memory usage in 6808

It may well be because of some plugin, but just in case, I am uploading a
memory snapshot to ftp.intellij.net/.uploads/6808_mkw_09.04.2007_16.28.53.zip.

--Mike


3 comments

Hello Michael,

When did you captured snapshot? What did you do before?

Thank you

-


Anna Kozlova
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

It may well be because of some plugin, but just in case, I am
uploading a memory snapshot to
ftp.intellij.net/.uploads/6808_mkw_09.04.2007_16.28.53.zip.

--Mike



0

When did you captured snapshot? What did you do before?


IDEA had been open for most of the day (probably 5+ hours at that point),
but I had spent very little time using it; mostly, I was occupied with other
tasks. The changelogs from yesterday indicate that I:

-- Modified a Hibernate *.hbm.xml mapping file.
-- Modified some ant build files and our CuiseControl configuration file.
-- Modified several properties files.

I remember also that I looked at several Subversion histories and diffed
a few Java file history versions to track down certain changes. I almost
certainly also looked at a SQL script or two. I doubt that I ever built
a file from inside IDEA, but I do remember that I rebuilt our project with
the full rebuild target at least once, and that generates a lot of code (we
generate Java files from our Hibernate mapping files), so IDEA spends a good
amount of time reparsing it.

However, I don't remember any particular action that resulted in increased
memory usage; I just noticed that clicking on the GC icon once or twice left
memory usage over 250MB with no files open, no find usages open, no debugging
sessions open, and no pending source control changes, so I sent the snapshot.

--Mike


0

Hello Michael,

Thank you
-


Anna Kozlova
JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

>> When did you captured snapshot? What did you do before?
>>

IDEA had been open for most of the day (probably 5+ hours at that
point), but I had spent very little time using it; mostly, I was
occupied with other tasks. The changelogs from yesterday indicate
that I:

I remember also that I looked at several Subversion histories and
diffed a few Java file history versions to track down certain changes.
I almost certainly also looked at a SQL script or two. I doubt that I
ever built a file from inside IDEA, but I do remember that I rebuilt
our project with the full rebuild target at least once, and that
generates a lot of code (we generate Java files from our Hibernate
mapping files), so IDEA spends a good amount of time reparsing it.

However, I don't remember any particular action that resulted in
increased memory usage; I just noticed that clicking on the GC icon
once or twice left memory usage over 250MB with no files open, no find
usages open, no debugging sessions open, and no pending source control
changes, so I sent the snapshot.

--Mike



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.