I just got a new laptop, and I'm trying to get it all setup. Here is what I've done:
- Installed Java 1.6 from Apple, because it no longer comes with Mountain Lion.
- Installed Java 1.7 from Sun, because I need it for my dev project.
- Since IntelliJ requires Java 1.6 to run, I changed the sym links in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/ as follows:
- CurrentJDK -> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents
- Current -> CurrentJDK
- Downloaded and installed IntelliJ 11.1.4
However, when I try to run IntelliJ it stalls and won't startup. There is no error message, it never shows the splash screen, it just sits there. So I tried to run it from the command line and got the follow errors:
2012-11-23 15:01:50.002 idea[1841:707] Apple AWT Startup Exception : -[__NSCFString appendString:]: nil argument
2012-11-23 15:01:50.003 idea[1841:707] Apple AWT Restarting Native Event Thread
Any help will be greatly appreciated.