Build 6763 hangs a lot

Running build 6763 on OS X and I get hang ups a lot. The previous build's hang on Find Usages seems to be fixed but now I get the IDE hanging during autocompletes and just now it froze while I was running a web app. My projects are large.

Anyone else seeing this on a regular basis? Thanks.

6 comments

On 2007-03-23 09:33:34 +0300, Nick Atkins <no_reply@jetbrains.com> said:

Running build 6763 on OS X and I get hang ups a lot. The previous
build's hang on Find Usages seems to be fixed but now I get the IDE
hanging during autocompletes and just now it froze while I was running
a web app. My projects are large.

Anyone else seeing this on a regular basis? Thanks.


Yes, this indeed happens a lot on all of Macs here at JetBrains, both
Intel and PPC. JVM appears completely dead at this point and we weren't
able to trace thread state or something. This looks like native
deadlock or something. We're trying to nail down the problem with help
of Apple engineers.

0

I submitted a log trace yesterday about this. Looked like the DaemonAnalyzerThread is causing a lock issue an memory-mapped files in the cache.

--Dave Griffith

0

Thanks for the info.

I presume build 6776 still exhibits this problem on Mac OS X?

0

On 2007-03-23 23:43:49 +0300, Nick Atkins <no_reply@jetbrains.com> said:

Thanks for the info.

I presume build 6776 still exhibits this problem on Mac OS X?


It looks like it happens much more rarely but still happens.

0

It happened to me within 15 mins of running the new build. I'm back to 6708 which is the last build without lockups.

0

On 2007-03-23 19:11:21 +0300, Dave Griffith <dave.griffith@cnn.com> said:

I submitted a log trace yesterday about this. Looked like the
DaemonAnalyzerThread is causing a lock issue an memory-mapped files in
the cache.

--Dave Griffith


How did you get that far? We weren't able to get any java level thread dumps.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.