IntelliJ IDEA for Mac - Invalid Checksum

I downloaded IntelliJ IDEA for Mac

Version:
11.0.1
Build:
111.167

using Safari 2 times, and Firefox once,
and I get an Invalid Checksum while trying to open the DMG file.

I believe there must be a problem somewhere. Could you guys please fix it (repackage the file)?

Thanks!

Kevin.

19 comments
Comment actions Permalink

The problem is on your side. A huge number of users have downloaded the .dmg file with no problems.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I have the same problem for Idea 11.0.1 MacOSX.
Tried to download using firefox, chrome and jdownloader
Checked using Disk Utility (Verify):
Unable to verify "ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg" (calculated CRC32 $1CFAF0D6, expected CRC32 $0DAB61B2)
Any insight? Thanks

0
Comment actions Permalink

There is really a problem. I tried it again the the dmg file simply cannot be opened.

I am now using the first 11 release version for Mac and it is fine. The 11.0.1 (latest) is corrupted.

Could you please post the md5 checksum for the .dmg file here, so that I may verify it?

(My Mac is running OS X 10.7.2. There's nothing special about my Mac configuration.)

Kevin.

0
Comment actions Permalink

The 11.0.1 IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate .dmg file has the MD5 checksum of 762922a227656feb825d5ebd6eebbee6 and the size of 184.850.010 bytes.

0
Comment actions Permalink

My MD5 checksum produces "88ce678ca39cee4b928789b88d933592". (I did "md5 ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg" using Mac's Terminal)
The file size is 184850010.

It is different from yours. Could you please verify if your md5 command or method is the same?

0
Comment actions Permalink

I also tried "openssl md5 ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg" and it produces the same "88ce678ca39cee4b928789b88d933592".

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm not a Mac user -- just thought I will try and see what result I will get. Got the same md5 hash as Dmitry (using HashTab v3.0, Windows 7).

CRC32: 998A4AD6
MD5  : 762922A227656FEB825D5EBD6EEBBEE6
SHA-1: 059ABE232A5E32F8871409691122B5BC9122F48D


If you have these files mirrored across few servers (CDN), maybe one of them got corrupted somehow ?

0
Comment actions Permalink

I just did "openssl sha1 ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg" and got "5a0bbdd5e0eaff9a119c3656395e922a28071f33".

It is indeed very strange.  I can't figure out what the problem is!

Kevin.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Just to respond to your comments on CDN, I'm actually using Google's Public DNS, so I don't think it is download from my local CDN (though I'm not 100% sure).

Kevin.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Kevin, If you can -- ask somebody from your friends to download the file and verify the checksum for you (preferrably on Mac). Maybe it's your ISP, maybe it's your Mac only ...

0
Comment actions Permalink

Well ... the URL I was given is http://download-ln.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg


ping download-ln.jetbrains.com    shows this:

Pinging jetbrains.vo.llnwd.net [178.79.194.164] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 178.79.194.164: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=52
Reply from 178.79.194.164: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=53
Reply from 178.79.194.164: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=53

You can compare with your results and see if there any difference.

0
Comment actions Permalink

i get the same result as Kevin on md5 :

MD5 (ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg) = 88ce678ca39cee4b928789b88d933592


and here's ping on the download server :

PING jetbrains.vo.llnwd.net (117.121.249.84): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 117.121.249.84: icmp_seq=0 ttl=57 time=17.750 ms
64 bytes from 117.121.249.84: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=15.530 ms
64 bytes from 117.121.249.84: icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=15.923 ms
64 bytes from 117.121.249.84: icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=15.531 ms


It does has different IP
0
Comment actions Permalink

I have run ping command again .. and got even another IP (proper Dynamic DNS they have / load balancing?). I'm trying to lock domain name to a specific IP address (via entry in hosts file) to see if I will have different file/checksum.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Just finished downloading (domain name was forcibly linked to 117.121.249.84 via hosts file): Here are the checksums (they are different):

CRC32: 632B4AE5
MD5  : 88CE678CA39CEE4B928789B88D933592
SHA-1: 5A0BBDD5E0EAFF9A119C3656395E922A28071F33

compared to the ones that I had originally:

CRC32: 998A4AD6
MD5  : 762922A227656FEB825D5EBD6EEBBEE6
SHA-1: 059ABE232A5E32F8871409691122B5BC9122F48D

0
Comment actions Permalink

I follow your idea and modify /etc/hosts file to link download-ln to the IP given below. Although download was little bit slower, but it worked! I can mount the dmg and install Idea 11.0.1! Thanks Andriy. :)

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm on a Mac. I just downloaded the file from http://download-ln.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg

Then ran:

openssl md5 ~/Downloads/ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg
openssl sha1 ~/Downloads/ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg

Both results match the published md5 and sha1 numbers.

Kevin, you have something either on your machine or your network that is altering downloads. A common cause of weird issues like this, is anti-virus software. Either installed on your machine or on your network.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Charles,

I was able to reproduce the issue (check my posts above) -- it looks like one (at least) of the CDN servers got corrupted image.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello guys,

I've refreshed all our mirrors for /idea/ideaIU-11.0.1.dmg.
Now everything should be Ok.
Thank you for your report!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you, you guys had been helpful!

Kevin.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.