Subversion, .svn entries and hogging the CPU

Hi all,

I'm using 3461 on a hyperthreaded 3GHz windows xp pro box with 2Gb ram. The
project has around 8000 classes and jsps and we're using Subversion for source
control.

Not sure whether this should be in the plugins group or not, so please forgive
me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Occasionally, IntelliJ freezes, generally for about 30 seconds. It's usually
after opening a file, or after updating the project. I think I've tracked
down what's causing it, but don't know why. Using Process Explorer (www.sysinternals.com)
you can see the file handles that are open for a process. For the 30 seconds
that IntelliJ is non-responsive, it is constantly accessing the same .svn\entries
file over and over again.

I've noticed that there are a few threads about IntelliJ being much slower
than before. Wondering if this might have something to do with it.

Cheers
Tony


Please sign in to leave a comment.