OT: JDom, Dom4J

Just curious: Is there a specific reason why idea uses JDom and not
Dom4J? I switched from JDom to Dom4J because it appeared much more sane
and has an easier to use interface.

11 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I hardly beleive we would ever switch at least for plugin compatibility issues.

-


Maxim Shafirov
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Just curious: Is there a specific reason why idea uses JDom and not
Dom4J? I switched from JDom to Dom4J because it appeared much more
sane and has an easier to use interface.



0
Comment actions Permalink

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

I hardly beleive we would ever switch at least for plugin
compatibility issues.

>

I have no idea what you're talking about.


Alain

PS: :)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Alain Ravet wrote:

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

>> I hardly beleive we would ever switch at least for plugin
>> compatibility issues.
>>


I have no idea what you're talking about.


Alain

PS: :)

lol

how about creating a "dom4j" patch with jdom addContent methods in it? ;)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

I hardly beleive we would ever switch at least for plugin compatibility
issues.

-------------------
Maxim Shafirov
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

>> Just curious: Is there a specific reason why idea uses JDom and not
>> Dom4J? I switched from JDom to Dom4J because it appeared much more
>> sane and has an easier to use interface.
>>



I didn't intend to suggest that you should switch from JDom toDom4J, I
was just curious if you think that JDom is better than Dom4J, or if you
deliberately decided against Dom4J at some point.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Arik

>

how about creating a "dom4j" patch with jdom addContent methods in it?
;)




Did you know that you can actually die from eating a donut, if enough
people push it deep enough down your throat?
I just wanted to be sure you were aware of that. You never know who you
can run into.

Alain

0
Comment actions Permalink

Never look into honestly ;)
-


Maxim Shafirov
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains) wrote:

>> I hardly beleive we would ever switch at least for plugin
>> compatibility issues.
>>
>> -


>> Maxim Shafirov
>> http://www.jetbrains.com
>> "Develop with pleasure!"
>>> Just curious: Is there a specific reason why idea uses JDom and not
>>> Dom4J? I switched from JDom to Dom4J because it appeared much more
>>> sane and has an easier to use interface.
>>>

I didn't intend to suggest that you should switch from JDom toDom4J, I
was just curious if you think that JDom is better than Dom4J, or if
you deliberately decided against Dom4J at some point.



0
Comment actions Permalink

In article <d4qpjj$pln$1@is.intellij.net>,
Alain Ravet <alain.ravet@biz.tiscali.be> wrote:

Arik

>

how about creating a "dom4j" patch with jdom addContent methods in it?
;)



Did you know that you can actually die from eating a donut, if enough
people push it deep enough down your throat?
I just wanted to be sure you were aware of that. You never know who you
can run into.


Yeah and the sugar type with the cream filling makes it so even the
Heimlich maneuver doesn't even work!

R

0
Comment actions Permalink

Robert S. Sfeir wrote:

In article <d4qpjj$pln$1@is.intellij.net>,
Alain Ravet <alain.ravet@biz.tiscali.be> wrote:

>>Arik
>>
>>
>>>how about creating a "dom4j" patch with jdom addContent methods in it?
>>>;-)
>>
>>
>>
>>Did you know that you can actually die from eating a donut, if enough
>>people push it deep enough down your throat?
>>I just wanted to be sure you were aware of that. You never know who you
>>can run into.


Yeah and the sugar type with the cream filling makes it so even the
Heimlich maneuver doesn't even work!

R


10x for the tip. one can always rely on the idea forums for good health
tips ;)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Arik

one can always rely on the idea forums for good health tips ;)



Want another one? Skip Open Source!!


Skip
Open
Source!!
It
May
Cruelly
Harm
Or
Kill
Innocent
Nerds.
Goringly

Alain

0
Comment actions Permalink

Alain Ravet wrote:

Arik

>> one can always rely on the idea forums for good health tips ;)



Want another one? Skip Open Source!!


Skip
Open
Source!!
It
May
Cruelly
Harm
Or
Kill
Innocent
Nerds.
Goringly

Alain

hey dude relax - this ain't krieger! hehe who said anything 'bout open
source...

0
Comment actions Permalink

Give him a break, he's choking, can't you see that? ;)

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.