3103 problems

left, and ]]> right no longer switch between open edit panes.

Code reformatting is broken all over the place:
Comments are now left margin aligned, not aligned to the indentation of the method/code block they are commenting.

The trailing } of all methods and classes is now left margin aligned, rather than being indented.

J2EE cyclic dependency "errors" being reported between EJB,WEB,APP modules in a project when no cyclic dependencies exist.

Frequent exception on code inspection trying to retrieve Javadocs.

That said, its useable (for both regular and J2EE projects).
I really like the left margin "recent code changes" flag (the grey right pointing arrow) - this is a very nich touch! A keyboard shortcut to popup the little panel when the cursor is on a line with such a flag would be great - some sort of right arrow key combination seems logical to me (since the dialog pops rightwards out of the left margin)

Nick

18 comments

and of course, I forgot the absolute #1 productivity killer....

IDEA steals focus after some operations, and loses focus after most others.


0

And we won't even go into the completely maddening and debilitating problems in JSP files.

0

NO donuts for you for bringing that up again. :)

R


On 11/17/04 1:23 PM, in article
12676942.1100715823088.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net, "Nick Pratt"
<no_mail@jetbrains.com> wrote:

and of course, I forgot the absolute #1 productivity killer....

IDEA steals focus after some operations, and loses focus after most others.



0

I will happily buy donuts for the entire IntelliJ development team if they fix this. I might even throw some in for the project/product manager types as well...

0

They didn't say they didn't want to fix it... I think they just don't want
to hear about it anymore :D

That said, I'll chip in for free donuts too... Krispy Kremes if it's fixed
in 5.0 :)

R


On 11/17/04 2:52 PM, in article
14749556.1100721173549.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net, "Nick Pratt"
<no_mail@jetbrains.com> wrote:

I will happily buy donuts for the entire IntelliJ development team if they fix
this. I might even throw some in for the project/product manager types as
well...


0

Tough, Im a paying customer {:-).

It kills productivity, other pure Java IDEs and applications dont have this problem.

Ill up the stakes: chocolcate chip cookies as well.


0

I really like the left margin "recent code changes"
flag (the grey right pointing arrow) - this is a very
nich touch!


Do you talk about the CVS change markers? Or is there anything else I didn't notice yet?

0

I guess its local history or CVS change related - if you click on the little grey arrow, you get an option to revert changes.

Whatever it is, its cool.

Now if only those lost focus, focus stealing issues were fixed I could really start to appreciate all these new features...

0

No wonder I don't have the problems, I am in the habit of turning off local
history, and I use SVN but not as a plugin (because it doesn't yet work with
svn+ssh) but from the command line.

I've gotten 1 exception so far which only shows up when you add a new j2ee
runtime config, otherwise it's mostly smooth (the xml parser is busted
badly, html editing and jsp editing is painful but people have reported
those already)

R


On 11/18/04 9:19 AM, in article
18790656.1100787572746.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net, "Nick Pratt"
<no_mail@jetbrains.com> wrote:

I guess its local history or CVS change related - if you click on the little
grey arrow, you get an option to revert changes.

Whatever it is, its cool.

Now if only those lost focus, focus stealing issues were fixed I could really
start to appreciate all these new features...


0


Dude, I hate to be the one to tell you, but that's been available since way back in the Aurora release, IIRC.

Yes, it is very cool.

--Dave Griffith

0

I just checked on 2244 and 2246 - it doesnt appear there.
{:-)

Nick

PS.

The donut & cookie offer still stands...

0

Same here :) I'll add Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip cookies too. 2 dozen.


On 11/18/04 9:54 AM, in article
12501471.1100789663846.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net, "Nick Pratt"
<no_mail@jetbrains.com> wrote:

I just checked on 2244 and 2246 - it doesnt appear there.
{:-)

Nick

PS.

The donut & cookie offer still stands...


0

CVS Merge - after 5 merge selections, IDEA goes in to an endless stack overflow situation, which requires an IDEA shutdown (since you cant get rid of the error dialog)

0

<Alt> left, and <Alt> right no longer switch between
open edit panes.


I had the same problem yesterday, though I have no idea what caused it; after a few hours of work, the IDE suddenly ceased to react to Alt-Left and Alt-Right. After a restart of the IDE, everything was working correctly again.

Other than that, I think 3103 is much more usable than its predecessor, especially in terms of Tomcat debugging (3095 had a big problem related to session shutdown) and freezing on XML and XSL file editing which happened to me all the time with 3095 and not a single time (yet) with 3103.

Anyway, good job so far.

Regards,
Jens

0

Is ctrlaltb working for anyone? I am trying to get the list of implementors of an interface and cab did not work. I tried clicking on the down arroe - but that also failed. If I do find usages -> implementors, that works fine.

thanks
vinay

0

Works without any problem here.

Vinay Moharil wrote:

Is ctrlaltb working for anyone? I am trying to get the list of implementors of an interface and cab did not work. I tried clicking on the down arroe - but that also failed. If I do find usages -> implementors, that works fine.

thanks
vinay

0

worked after removing the cache. thx

0

removing Caching might not help.

Change the Order:
Go to the Project->Settings, Order/Export tab and change the order.
The source code should normally be at the top.
Then this should work.

astrorail

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.