1187 dies badly

Not sure what the cause of this is, anyone know?

$ idea
ERROR:
java.io.InvalidClassException: com.intellij.ide.m.f$c_; class invalid
for deserialization
at
java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:487)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1521)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1435)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1626)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1274)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
at java.util.ArrayList.readObject(ArrayList.java:547)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at
java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:838)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1746)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1646)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1274)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
at com.intellij.ide.l.f.d(f.java:0)
at com.intellij.ide.l.f.b(f.java:37)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:131)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:70)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:214)
at com.intellij.idea.Main.main(Main.java:49)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AssertionError:
at
com.intellij.openapi.diagnostic.DefaultLogger.error(DefaultLogger.java:33)
at com.intellij.openapi.diagnostic.Logger.error(Logger.java:46)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:43)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:70)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:214)
at com.intellij.idea.Main.main(Main.java:49)

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

of course you mean 2187
I see the same here on OS X - won't launch (2178 was fine).

0
Comment actions Permalink

kublai wrote:

of course you mean 2187
I see the same here on OS X - won't launch (2178 was fine).


Yes, 2187 - darn typos :)

0
Comment actions Permalink

I had similiar problems before when updating some plugins but did not restart
immediately. After installing a new build and starting up IDEA again, this is what
happened then.

Try to delete anything that is in your <idea-home>/system/plugins directory and
see if that helps.

Sascha

Mark Derricutt wrote:

Not sure what the cause of this is, anyone know?

>

$ idea
ERROR:
java.io.InvalidClassException: com.intellij.ide.m.f$c_; class invalid
for deserialization
at
java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:487)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1521)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1435)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1626)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1274)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
at java.util.ArrayList.readObject(ArrayList.java:547)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at
java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:838)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1746)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1646)
at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1274)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
at com.intellij.ide.l.f.d(f.java:0)
at com.intellij.ide.l.f.b(f.java:37)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:131)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:70)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:214)
at com.intellij.idea.Main.main(Main.java:49)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AssertionError:
at
com.intellij.openapi.diagnostic.DefaultLogger.error(DefaultLogger.java:33)
at com.intellij.openapi.diagnostic.Logger.error(Logger.java:46)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:43)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:70)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.f.a(f.java:214)
at com.intellij.idea.Main.main(Main.java:49)



0
Comment actions Permalink

Sascha Weinreuter wrote:

Try to delete anything that is in your <idea-home>/system/plugins directory and
see if that helps.


Hazah! I'd updated some plugins, quit idea, and had then installed the
new EAP. There was a lingering action.script file in the system/plugins
directory...

All seems to be working now.

0
Comment actions Permalink

same here. works now. nonetheless - a bug which should get fixed!

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.