Plug-in manager broken? Follow
I updated some plug-ins through plug-in manager and when JI started I got
Cannot copy C:\IntelliJ-IDEA-4.5\bin\..\system\plugins\pe.jar to
Please check your access rights ...
I have the necessary access rights, but the destination directory is false -
it should be C:\IntelliJ-IDEA-4.5\plugins
Then the plug-in disappears both from the system/plugins directory and from
the plugins directory, so the workaround was to download them normally, and
copy them to the plugins directory manually.
Any other see that?
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Plugins are now stored in two folders, one for "system plugins" like CVS and IG, and another for user plugins, that you download with the Plugin Manager. They should be downloading to your IDEA config folder, wherever that is on your system.
Does this mean it is no longer necessary to copy plugins back to the system folder (on a mac, this is /Applications/IntelliJ IDEA/plugins) when you upgrade?
Think I need to check my config, because when I recently upgraded I had just copied the plugins (CVS, Weblogic, IG, etc) into my other plugins folder (idea.path.plugins, on a mac this is ~/Library/Application Support/IntelliJ Idea ) and I think this might cause issues.
Well, is anyone else seeing the error I described?
I just updated two plugins using the plugin manager and things were fine. I did note that there's only 25 available plugins, and some of the ones i have installed are NOT on that list.
I'm also on a Mac, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Amnon I. Govrin wrote:
With the following environment variable set:
all my plugins, both system and user go to the same plugins directory.
I copied some plugins there manually from the previous build and have
both updated and downloaded plugins using the plugin manager. It all
seems to work fine.
I am getting this error on Linux. It's trying to copy them to /opt/intellij-idea-eap/plugins, even though I don't have write access there. This is with build 2178.
I think this is definitely a bug.
The problem I've seen is that (on both my Mac and NT boxes) the plugins dir that it's trying to copy the jars to doesn't exist. Creating the dir and clickgin on the "OK" button fixes the problem.
Obviously, the creation of the config/plugins dir needs to be added to the install script.
I got this too, on Windows.
So here it is:
"Dave Griffith" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message