MS Outlook locks IntelliJ files and application files

Hi there!

Have anyone seen this strange behavior before ? It can goes days before this happens (not restartet PC).

The solution have been just to close Outlook so the locked files get released again.It's not the same files when this has happend.

Today after a scheduled night restart, I started Outlook first, then I tried to start Intellij but it failed because Outlook had locked a Intellij index file.
I had to restart the PC again, tried again with start of Outlook first, then it was ok and Intellij started.

But why does this happend now and then, can it be avoided ? I have several standard Java prosjects with Maven that this happens with.
It's when I try to build with Maven I discover that Outlook have locked some files in the target folder Maven tries to delete.

I'm sitting on Vista 64bit, Intellij 8.1.3, Outlook 2007.


Thanks,
Erlend Bjørge

4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

That is indeed strange. The only reason I could see Outlook accessing other files on your system would be to do some sort of indexing of them for searches. Do you have some type of desktop search plug-in installed in Outlook? If so, you need to find a way to configure it to ignore your development directories. Or just disable it. Outlook 2007 may have something like that built in. We have Outlook 2007 and in the two years we've had it, I've never run into this. Nor have any of my colleagues as far as I know. I hope my suggestion helps some. Good luck.

0
Comment actions Permalink

FYI: On Windows XP, you can control the indexinig options from an applet called "Indexing Options" in control panel.

jack

0
Comment actions Permalink
Couple days ago on my PC something happened...And all my data were deleted and damaged.But I found this tool-recover outlook ost password,and could recover my passwords for Outlook.Software made it quickly and for free.Moreover it demonstrated recover passwords for Microsoft Outlook accounts and files with *.pst extension.
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi there!

A little status on the subject.

I have no *.pst files in my maven target folder where this locks happens, up to couple a times a week (before)
I have tried to check if there is some kind of indexing process (for a desktop search), but I can't find it.

After my Vista 64bit got updated with patches etc.. this happens very seldom now, so I don't put more effort into it untill it happens more often again

I have heard that other daughet companies to my company, still have this problem and are pretty annoying for them, but that's their problem

Take care will update the subject if I know something more!

Thanks again for your replies.

Erlend Bjørge

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.