good code red

Hi.

I have the following case where I can't understand why I get the error in
the attached gif.

The code compiles and runs and I haven't yet found another occurrance of
this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Amnon





Attachment(s):
CodeError.gif
11 comments
Comment actions Permalink

:)

"Amnon I. Govrin" <agovrin@freshwater.com> дÈëÓʼþ
news:c5gup9$scd$1@is.intellij.net...

Hi.

>

I have the following case where I can't understand why I get the error in
the attached gif.

>

The code compiles and runs and I haven't yet found another occurrance of
this issue.

>

Any ideas?

>

Thanks,
Amnon

>
>
>


0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm serious. What's up with that? Am I missing something here or is
IntelliJ (2008)?

"Dragon" <jbuilder@vip.sina.com> wrote in message
news:c5gvse$4sp$1@is.intellij.net...

:)

>

"Amnon I. Govrin" <agovrin@freshwater.com> дÈëÓʼþ
news:c5gup9$scd$1@is.intellij.net...

Hi.

>

I have the following case where I can't understand why I get the error

in

the attached gif.

>

The code compiles and runs and I haven't yet found another occurrance of
this issue.

>

Any ideas?

>

Thanks,
Amnon

>
>
>

>
>


0
Comment actions Permalink

You should file a Tracker request.

0
Comment actions Permalink

You most probably have to jar files attached to the different modules and actual parameter resolve to other class than
formal one.

--
Maxim Shafirov
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Well, the error message is not very useful, as it says it can't convert 1
signature to the other when they are both identical.

Amnon

"Maxim Shafirov (JetBrains)" <max@intellij.com> wrote in message
news:c5h1fs$f5j$1@is.intellij.net...

You most probably have to jar files attached to the different modules and

actual parameter resolve to other class than

formal one.

>

--
Maxim Shafirov
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"



0
Comment actions Permalink

I have had very similar problems. I usually have to close IntelliJ to
get it to recognize. Damn, I need to get screen shots and a better hold
on what changes led to the problem.

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




Amnon I. Govrin wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I have the following case where I can't understand why I get the error in
>the attached gif.
>
>The code compiles and runs and I haven't yet found another occurrance of
>this issue.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,

Amnon

>
>

>



Attachment(s):
att1.dat
0
Comment actions Permalink

I just tried it.

I closed and reopened IntelliJ 2008 and the error persisted.

Amnon
"Norris Shelton" <norrisshelton@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:407C0D8C.6070803@yahoo.com...
I have had very similar problems. I usually have to close IntelliJ to get it to recognize. Damn, I need to get screen shots and a better hold on what changes led to the problem.

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer



Amnon I. Govrin wrote:
Hi.

I have the following case where I can't understand why I get the error in
the attached gif.

The code compiles and runs and I haven't yet found another occurrance of
this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Amnon




Attachment(s):
att1.dat
0
Comment actions Permalink

This has happened to me on numerous occasions as well. Every time it's a problem with servlet API references, normally when an overridden or implemented method has HttpServletRequest/Response in its argument list.

I have a 'servletapi-2.3' JAR in my web module's list of library files, and it seems to be referenced properly because everything compiles just fine. So I'm not sure what else to do.

Chris

(Can attach new screenshot if it's helpful)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Chris Winters wrote:

This has happened to me on numerous occasions as well. Every time it's a problem with servlet API references, normally when an overridden or implemented method has HttpServletRequest/Response in its argument list.

I have a 'servletapi-2.3' JAR in my web module's list of library files, and it seems to be referenced properly because everything compiles just fine. So I'm not sure what else to do.

Chris

(Can attach new screenshot if it's helpful)

If you post a tracker request with this problem and small zipped project
illustrating the problem then the problem will be fixed.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Can you isolate this in a small zipped project? Our system here is quite
elaborate, it's not trivial for me to do it here.

"Chris Winters" <cwinters@optiron.com> wrote in message
news:24032655.1081902403988.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

This has happened to me on numerous occasions as well. Every time it's a

problem with servlet API references, normally when an overridden or
implemented method has HttpServletRequest/Response in its argument list.
>

I have a 'servletapi-2.3' JAR in my web module's list of library files,

and it seems to be referenced properly because everything compiles just
fine. So I'm not sure what else to do.
>

Chris

>

(Can attach new screenshot if it's helpful)



0
Comment actions Permalink

I'd be happy to put such a project together. Unfortunately I won't be able to do so until Friday -- gigantic deadline tomorrow (Thursday).

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.