Modules with same packages: breakpoints mixed up

Hi,
I have a project which contains the two modules A and B. B is just another branch of A, so both contain the same packages and classes, just in different versions.

I created a breakpoint in a class in the first module (A).

If I run the application in module B in debug mode then the debugger stops in the class, although there is no visible breakpoint in the file (it's set in module A, not in B!).

Debugging module A is difficult, because sometimes the breakpoints work, sometime they don't.
Idea seems to get mixed up if there are the same classes in different modules, even if both are independent and have no connections.

This happened with both 8.1.x and the latest maia eap (90.94).
Is there a workaround or should I open an issue for this?


Regards,
Wallaby

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

On 20/10/2009 16:03, wallaby.pouch wrote:

Hi,
I have a project which contains the two modules A and B. B is just another branch of A, so both contain the same packages and classes, just in different versions.

>

I created a breakpoint in a class in the first module (A).

>

If I run the application in module B in debug mode then the debugger stops in the class, although there is no visible breakpoint in the file (it's set in module A, not in B!).

>

Debugging module A is difficult, because sometimes the breakpoints work, sometime they don't.
Idea seems to get mixed up if there are the same classes in different modules, even if both are independent and have no connections.

>

This happened with both 8.1.x and the latest maia eap (90.94).
Is there a workaround or should I open an issue for this?

>
>

Regards,
Wallaby

>

---
Original message URL: http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/message/5247444#5247444

You should really be using two separate projects here...
N.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,
why's that?

I'm doing refactorings. I'm working on module A which is the updated B.
From time to time I need to look at the other module to compare and sometimes I have to run the old version to check the old behaviour.

With two projects the switching makes it more complicated and time consuming, I think.

Wallaby

0
Comment actions Permalink

I have a similar set up, but in my case, I removed Module A and instead I have the classes & source directories attached as a dependency of Module B.  I can put a breakpoint in the Module B class and it will stop, but IntelliJ opens the file with the same name from the dependency (originally Module A) classes.  I even have Module B's source listed higher in the Dependency ordering than the Module A directories.  Seems like a bug.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.