who's the duplicate :-) ?

When looking at bugs in the tracker,
some are closed with 'Duplicate' status - and the duplicate has a higher ID.

come one, that's not fair ...


regards
Edoardo

11 comments

Agree. And, the status of the duplicate should also be shown. Instead of
just plain "Duplicate", there should be "Duplicate (Fixed)" or
"Duplicate (Open)".

Tom

0

Edoardo Comar wrote:

come one, that's not fair ...



Been there, done that. You get used to it.

Sometimes, it makes sense:
- they would open a new request, to regroup many smaller requests,
- they would select the most general, or most complete request, even if
it came later.

Alain

0

If think so, then vote for this:
http://www.intellij.net/tracker/itn/viewSCR?publicId=532

Andrei

Thomas Singer (MoTJ) wrote:

Agree. And, the status of the duplicate should also be shown. Instead of
just plain "Duplicate", there should be "Duplicate (Fixed)" or
"Duplicate (Open)".

Tom


0


Edoardo Comar wrote:

When looking at bugs in the tracker,
some are closed with 'Duplicate' status - and the duplicate has a higher ID.

>

come one, that's not fair ...


Well, I've had the same and I wasn't really happy about it, but
hey come on, we're not competing about who has the fewest
duplicates here - or are we? ;)

Sascha


0

i tried to vote for this request but it was marked a duplicate :D

0

Yeah, I felt quite indignant once when a superb bug report of mine was closed as duplicate. I almost became bitter and disillusioned with life, but then I accepted that sometimes bad things happen to good people, and moved on.

I still have the scars, and it still happens every now and then, but I just put on a brave face and pretend like it doesn't hurt me.

breaking down in tears

We need a support group so we can share our stories of misery and rejection. idea-duplicatereports-anonymous anyone?

0

I think idea-eternaltobediscussed-anonymous would be more popular ;)

Hani Suleiman wrote:

Yeah, I felt quite indignant once when a superb bug report of mine was closed as duplicate. I almost became bitter and disillusioned with life, but then I accepted that sometimes bad things happen to good people, and moved on.

I still have the scars, and it still happens every now and then, but I just put on a brave face and pretend like it doesn't hurt me.

breaking down in tears

We need a support group so we can share our stories of misery and rejection. idea-duplicatereports-anonymous anyone?

0

This discussion shows again, that we need some cool, new features to
discuss.

Tom

0

Thomas Singer (MoTJ) wrote:

This discussion shows again, that we need some cool, new features to
discuss.

Tom


I do feel the same here on the other side. Let's wait a bit till we finish up all this release stuff and start over again :)

--
Maxim Shafirov
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0

I feel the same and getting :( here
cos folks at work who use Eclipse go ... "we can do the same and it's free" they cant do much anyways ;)

i usualy show them this thread http://www.intellij.net/forums/thread.jsp?forum=22&thread=70167&message=800595&q=4d6f7a617274#800595


we neeeeeeeeeeeed some cool new features ..


we need features .. we need cool things .. we need to stand apart.. we need more of a WOW factor

cheers,
parthi.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.