error running process-resources phase when updating folders in Maven Projects tab

Hi I am getting the error

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building CSA Website Tester
[INFO]
[INFO] Id: com.csatp.monitor:Reaper:jar:0.9
[INFO] task-segment: [process-resources]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
[ERROR] BUILD FAILED
[ERROR] Error copying resources

d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\classes\C:\devel\intellij\server_admin\reaper\d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\restartappserver.bat (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

To view full stack traces, please go to the Settings->Maven and check the 'Print Exception Stack Traces' box.


when running the process-resources phase after clicking the "Update Folders" or "Re-import Maven Projects" buttons in the "Maven Projects" tab in IntelliJ.

My environment is Maven 2.2.1 and IntelliJ 8.1.3, JDK 1.6.0_16, Windows Vista.

This is a snippet of my pom file containing the section that is causing this.

    <build>
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/command</directory>
                <includes>
                    <include>restartappserver.bat</include>
                    <include>restartappserver.sh</include>
                </includes>
                <targetPath>${project.build.directory}</targetPath>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/filters</directory>
                <includes>
                    <include>reaper.properties</include>
                </includes>
                <targetPath>${project.build.directory}</targetPath>
            </resource>
        </resources>


If I remove the targetPath element, reparsing the pom works just fine.  Also running maven:package from the command line or from IntelliJ also builds an output directory as I expect.  I tried searching for this and have found nothing.  The reimport of the pom in IJ seems to be building an output path with three locations.

d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\classes\C:\devel\intellij\server_admin\reaper\d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\restartappserver.bat


Any ideas what I've done wrong or if its a bug?

Marc

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi, Marc,.

The problem is that IDEA 8.x is bundled with Maven Embedder that is not always compatible with your command line Maven instllation. Please try 9.0 eap - we've bundled Maven 2.2 and the problem should have been fixed.

http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/IDEADEV/Maia+EAP

Thanks,
Anton Makeev

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks Anton,

I upgraded to 90.154 and it changed my setup.  Now I get the same error but with a shorter build directory.

Old
d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\classes\C:\devel\intellij\server_admin\reaper\d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\restartappserver.bat
New
d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\classes\d:\Temp\maven\Reaper\target\restartappserver.bat

It seems as if placing project.build.directory in the targetPath element uses both.

<targetPath>${project.build.directory}</targetPath>


I found a workaround by not using a maven variable but rather assuming the target was target/classes and specifying this to go up one level to target then down into the structure I needed.

<targetPath>../output/scripts</targetPath>

This is allowing me to build an output directory for my needs.


IJ 9 is going in a good direction BTW.  Thanks.

Marc

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.