I'm a newbie to IDEA and I've got a problem in doing a very basic task of creating a JUnit 4 test case. I've checked the help, searched the forum and Internet. There are too many outdated and irrelevant information and I'm not able to get an answer
1. Is it the official way to use the JUnit 4 Synchronizer for creating and running JUnit 4 test case? further questions:
- is there a user guide for "JUnit 4 Synchronizer" plugin?
- Running "Tools > Synchronize JUnit Tests" should create a Testable @annotation, right? Nothing is created after i ran that function. Where should I report the problem?
- Does the JUnit 4 Synchroinzer add JUnit library to the library path? or do I need to manually add the libraries? I suppose I need to do it manually
2. What's the official way to create a test case?
- I've read the following article and it seems I should add a File Template myeslf, right?
- The file template in the above links doesn't work on IDEA 7.0.3. Is there an offiical/reference template or should I fix it myself?
3. Coz i haven't created a test case, I can't run it. I guess it should be as straightforward as right-click and run, right? is there anything I need to do?
I suppose many of the above questions/problems I may fix it by myself, but from my experience of using Eclipse, creating and running test cases should be quite a straightforward task by using an IDE, so I think I've missing some steps or did something wrong. Would anybody help?
thank you in advance.