Incoming changes not working

The Incoming tab of the Changes tool view is not working for my main project. It works for other projects using the same CVS repository.

When I click Refresh there is a (very!) brief note of "Refreshing VCS history" and then it's like I never clicked it. The main area still says "Press Refresh button to load incoming changes" and when I do, I get the "VCS History Cache Settings" once again.

I have removed the vcsCache subdirectory for my project and some "vcs_new" things lying around, but that made no difference.

Any other tips???

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Oh, and the log doesn't say much either (even with debug level on "com.intellij.openapi.vcs.changes.committed")

2008-02-21 14:03:24,562 INFO - ommitted.CommittedChangesCache - Refreshing incoming changes in background
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - ommitted.CommittedChangesCache - Incoming changes refresh complete, clearing cached incoming changes
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - mitted.OutdatedVersionNotifier - Requesting load of incoming changes
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - ommitted.CommittedChangesCache - Loading incoming changes
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - itted.IncomingChangesIndicator - Refreshing indicator: no changes
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - ommitted.CommittedChangesCache - Incoming changes loaded
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - mitted.OutdatedVersionNotifier - Queueing update of editors
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - mitted.OutdatedVersionNotifier - Queueing update of editors
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - mitted.OutdatedVersionNotifier - Updating editors
2008-02-21 14:03:24,609 INFO - itted.IncomingChangesIndicator - Refreshing indicator: no changes
2008-02-21 14:03:24,625 INFO - mitted.OutdatedVersionNotifier - Updating editors

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ok, I have finally figured this out (or rather found a workaround) by making another copy of the project and test different setups.

My original setup:
...\MyProject.ipr
...\MyProject.iws
...\project_name\ [version controlled, CVS]
...\project_name\MyModule.iml
...\project_name\...
With this setup, Incoming and Repository tabs of the Changes tool view does NOT work.

However, if I move the project files down into the project directory, it works. I have verified this with two different projects. That is
...\project_name\
...\project_name\MyProject.ipr
...\project_name\MyProject.iws
...\project_name\MyModule.iml
...\project_name\...
works fine!

As far as I can tell, this is a bug within IntelliJ. Reported here: http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEA-17243

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.