This is a short progress report of what was going on in the development team
approx. last 2 weeks.
0. We have been working on making a build to be published into EAP but due
to lot of internal changes we failed to produce it yet. We hope to release
it today or tomorrow.
1. Debugger. We have started work on HotSwap and plan to open this
functionality into EAP in approx. a week.
2. Generics support. We have a good progress with generics support and
already use them ourself in IDEA's code (however, lot of stuff still does
not work). We also continue to work on a feature which converts code from
use of untyped collections to typed ones.
3. Diff tool. We implemented lot of improvements for our diff tool and
feedback is welcome when the next build will be released. We also started
work on ability to edit the current version of file when it is shown in the
4. "Semi-open" API for code inspections has been developed and will be
available in the next build. One will be able to contribute inspections with
quickfixes that will be available from both "Inspect Code" and "on the fly"
in the editor.
5. CVS integration. We were working "Reserved Edit" option, branches
support, "Annotate" command and correct support of multiple CVS roots.
6. GUI builder. We were working on easier dragging of inner components and
on adding/removing components into/from the grid without need to break it.