This is a short progress report of what was going on in the development team
approx. last 2 weeks (because of the trip to JavaOne we haven't issued any
newsletter for quite some time).
0. 8 people from JetBrains made a trip to San-Francisco to participate in
1. GUI builder has been opened up and we are fixing different things in it
basing on community feedback. We also consider approaches alternative to the
currently used byte-code instrumentation and will come with them soon.
2. Generics support. Some very basic support for generics has been
implemented and we started to use generics in IDEA's code. We also started
implementing the feature which will convert existing code from use of
untyped collections to typed ones (we've been discussing this feature in the
forum some time ago).
3. Aspects support has been opened up. We are working on optimizing the make
to be smarter and not scan for classes to be weaved that often. This
optimization should be included into the build #834.
4. We are working on improving our diff tool. It already shows diffs within
lines but we are working on improving it to acheive better results.
5. CVS integration. Commit Project now includes externally added and deleted
files and allows to add unknown files to ignore list. Commiting external
changes by default causes some complains and we are working on changing
6. We are working on Open API to code inspections ("semi-open" in fact
because it requires PSI which is not officially open). As a side effect we
are going to allow some of code inspections to be ran "on the fly" by the
editor (and so be part of error highlighting).