Cannot resolve taglib with uri http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core

In my JSP page I have the following taglib:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

IDEA shows it as read and says:

"Cannot resolve taglib with uri http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"

I have even downloaded the JSTL-1.1.2.jar and added to my classpath, yet it still doesn't know what to do with it. There are no .tld files in the .jar.

Do I have to download the .tld for the standard JSTL tag libraries and configure the URI and Path for each one? Where do I get the .tld's from?

3 comments

Most likely you'll need to include an actual implementation of jstl: for
instance the one from jakarta taglibs.
In you look in "standard-1.1.1.jar" or similar, you'll find the TLDs in the
META-INF directory of the jar.


0

After adding jstl-1.1.2.jar and standard-1.1.2.jar to your module, you might need to close and reopen the editor for the changes to have effect.

I just got bitten by this: a java library module (not a web module) included a number of .tagx tag files in META-INF/tags, but did not have jstl-1.1.2.jar and standard-1.1.2.jar defined as libraries (as they are not necessary for compilation). The editor kept complaining about http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core until I realized what was going on.

0

I think the url has changed too - I had to drop the jsp bit of it

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt" prefix="fmt" %>

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.