I am using PhpStorm 8 and Php 5.5.13. Composer and other packages are at the latest versions.
I have installed behat and PHPUnit globally using compioser. They are installed int $HOME/.composer/vendor/bin and the sources in $HOME/.composer/vendor/behat and $HOME/.composer/vendor/phpunit. Although they both run without problems, PhpStorm doesn't seem to be able to find the behat namespaces in the editor or the PHPUnit classes. I have tried a number of paths based on the $HOME/.composer/vendor path but none seem to correct the problem. This is frustrating because I don't get the code completion hints that I would expect when coding step definitions and unit tests.
I also notice that PhpStorm in the Preferences is saying that Behat is not installed regardless of the path that I put in.