As we're building the plan for Demetra, we'd like to request community feedback
on the major new UI Designer features that you consider the most useful.
If you had 20 votes, how would you spread them between features in the following
list (in no particular order)?
- Swing menu designer
- Run-time loading of .form files
- SWT support
- Reverse-engineering support (import Java code to .form file)
- Possibility to create and navigate to event handlers
- Support for non-visual components (possibility to drop any class to a form
and to set its properties in the designer)
- MIDlet form designer
- API for plugging custom components and component containers
- UI inspections (including automatic checking for UI guideline compliance)
- Support for nested forms and/or form inheritance
You may also add other features to the list if desired. Note that you don't
need to vote for removal of forms_rt dependency, complete support for all
Swing components and component features, and lots of usability improvements.
They'll be there whether you vote for them or not. :)
"Develop with pleasure!"