web.xml validation ?

Hi,

How do you make Idea recognize (ie: not underline every element) a 2.4
web.xml ?

Thanks,

BoD

11 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Are you using the 2.4 DTD?

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




BoD wrote:

Hi,

>

How do you make Idea recognize (ie: not underline every element) a 2.4
web.xml ?

>

Thanks,

>

BoD

0
Comment actions Permalink

It's not a dtd. I'm using that :

foo bar.foo]]>
(...)

In this particular example, Idea shows servlet-name and servlet-class in
red. It also shows the xmlns in red, and offers to fetch or ignore it,
which doesn't solve the problem if I do either.

BoD


Norris Shelton wrote:

Are you using the 2.4 DTD?

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




BoD wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> How do you make Idea recognize (ie: not underline every element) a 2.4
>> web.xml ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> BoD

0
Comment actions Permalink

Anybody got a solution ?
Should I submit this as a bug ?

BoD

BoD wrote:

It's not a dtd. I'm using that :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee web-app_2_4.xsd"
version="2.4">
<servlet>
<servlet-name>foo<servlet-name>
<servlet-class>bar.foo</servlet-class>
(...)

In this particular example, Idea shows servlet-name and servlet-class in
red. It also shows the xmlns in red, and offers to fetch or ignore it,
which doesn't solve the problem if I do either.

BoD

0
Comment actions Permalink

I bet it knows nothing about using xml schema. Changes for Servlet 2.4
are still on the table. Probably part of the JSP 2.0 request.

Norris Shelton
Sun Certified Java Programmer




BoD wrote:

Anybody got a solution ?
Should I submit this as a bug ?

>

BoD

>

BoD wrote:

>
>> It's not a dtd. I'm using that :
>>
>> >> > xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" >> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee web-app_2_4.xsd" >> version="2.4"> >> >> foo >> bar.foo >> (...) >> >> In this particular example, Idea shows servlet-name and servlet-class >> in red. It also shows the xmlns in red, and offers to fetch or ignore >> it, which doesn't solve the problem if I do either. >> >> BoD >]]>

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee web-app_2_4.xsd" is
not supported yet. You can use appropriate <!DOCTYPE for the validation
to work properly.

BoD wrote:

It's not a dtd. I'm using that :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee web-app_2_4.xsd"
version="2.4">
<servlet>
<servlet-name>foo<servlet-name>
<servlet-class>bar.foo</servlet-class>
(...)

In this particular example, Idea shows servlet-name and servlet-class in
red. It also shows the xmlns in red, and offers to fetch or ignore it,
which doesn't solve the problem if I do either.

BoD


Norris Shelton wrote:

>> Are you using the 2.4 DTD?
>>
>> Norris Shelton
>> Sun Certified Java Programmer
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> BoD wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How do you make Idea recognize (ie: not underline every element) a
>>> 2.4 web.xml ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> BoD


--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Could you give an example of how to do this ?

Thanks

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,
The one created by IDEA by default:
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

Andrew Bethell wrote:

Could you give an example of how to do this ?

Thanks



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

I want to use the 2.4 web xml though - maybe I didnt read the thread properly - is it just not possible to have IDEA validate this properly at present ?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

I was not noticed 2.4 version, sorry.

for 2.4 the appropriate descriptor is

<web-app version="2.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd" >
</web-app>

The difference is in location of the resource (in your version it is
declared to be locally and IDEA does not support local schemas)

Andrew Bethell wrote:

I want to use the 2.4 web xml though - maybe I didnt read the thread properly - is it just not possible to have IDEA validate this properly at present ?



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Doesn't change anything :)
It's still all red (build #2128)

BoD



Maxim Mossienko wrote:

Hi,

I was not noticed 2.4 version, sorry.

for 2.4 the appropriate descriptor is

<web-app version="2.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd" >
</web-app>

The difference is in location of the resource (in your version it is
declared to be locally and IDEA does not support local schemas)

Andrew Bethell wrote:

>> I want to use the 2.4 web xml though - maybe I didnt read the thread
>> properly - is it just not possible to have IDEA validate this properly
>> at present ?


0
Comment actions Permalink

I finally got it working using the following:

<web-app version="2.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">

Hope this helps.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.