We are refactoring Tomcat/Weblogic integrations to make them look more or less similar.
Now Tomcat configuration allows to "run" web module. That means start Tomcat server and deploy that module there.
Weblogic integration allows to configure server and list of modules to deploy.
The question is: which method is preferable, i.e. what are we running, module or server ?
1) We are running app server. In that case run configuration consists of
- particular app server settings: paths, startup parameters etc
- list of j2ee modules to deploy when server starts
2) We are running j2ee module. In that case configuration consists of
- j2ee module to run
- link to server where to deploy this module
In 1st option you have ability to deploy several j2ee modules of choice on server startup. In 2nd option you will have to create
application module to pack some modules to be deployed together.
In 2nd option it will not be easy to start bare server, without deploying anything there.
Please comment on this.
"Develop with pleasure!"