I'm looking for short comments from developers using IDEA concerning what they do and don't like about it. Eg:
- Why you chose IDEA rather than a competing IDE (or programmers editor)?
- Features or characteristics that you especially like
- Is refactoring the critical feature? Any particular refactorings you use and value a lot?
- If not refactoring, what are the features that make IDEA worthwhile?
- Any gripes? Things that are, or are not, put right in 4.0?
- Any features of 4.0 you are especially looking forward to?
The above are just ideas; the comment needn't cover any of those areas. What we want is to earth our review with real-world comments.
All I need alongside your comments is your name and title as you'd like it to appear. Having said which, I can't guarantee that all comments will be used.
The magazine is Application Development Advisor (http://www.appdevadvisor.co.uk). My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks - speedy responses will be especially appreciated :)