12 comments

Ok,

scared to reply to the infamous Hani...

But it seems to work fine for me.... If you are referring to tag completion?

No red either...

I'm sharing an app between BEA's Workshop and IntelliJ and it seems to work fine... i.e. the netui taglibs all appear to be reconginzed by IntelliJ..

I'm using build 963 on Win2k Pro.

John

0

haha, I'm not THAT scary...I hope!

What did you have to go get it to work? Do you have a web module specified using the old way or the new j2ee module stuff? Is the taglib jar in your classpath?

0

Hani, works here on windows. I have it setup as a webapp. I haven't
tried to setup a J2EE module at all yet, modules give me headaches right
now :)

R

Hani Suleiman wrote:

haha, I'm not THAT scary...I hope!

What did you have to go get it to work? Do you have a web module specified using the old way or the new j2ee module stuff? Is the taglib jar in your classpath?


0

Nah... I like you blog...

Anywy, I'm using the "old way" I believe, just setup a web module. The taglib jar isn't in my project classpath, but it is in the WEB-INF/lib dir.

Hope this helps....

John

0

Anywy, I'm using the "old way" I believe, just setup
a web module. The taglib jar isn't in my project
classpath, but it is in the WEB-INF/lib dir.


Same here. I'm working a lot with taglibs. Sometimes IDEA has problems when I change a TLD file. Then I get some red markers on the tags, sometimes even nasty exceptions. But by restarting IDEA once or twice a day I can work rather well.

0


-


BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hani, I just ran into the problem when I setup a new project. No
matter what I do, I can get the taglib import to work, the prefix to
work, but not the tags themselves.

Did you find a solution, and did you file an scr or should I do it?

R

"Hani Suleiman" <hani@formicary.net> wrote in message
news:9978562.1068044544988.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

Has anyone been able to get taglibs working in the current EAP? No
matter what I do, they show up in red.


-


BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 8.0.3

iQA/AwUBP6pWdfnFfb7gdu0gEQKUwQCgvr1yV5ymqNcDzWDugi2eI3oAuKQAmwdw
MqTcubZ1AFIsLvvVBo64ldJh
=8z2/
-


END PGP SIGNATURE-----


0

On further analysis, it seems that Martin's trick does work, so the
problem is that somehow when a project is made to be a webapp after
you've already opened a jsp file or what ever, it doesn't recognize that
setting until you quit and start IDEA. Still ugly but it works.

However I've posted to the tracker the following issues:

1- Tomcat 5 doesn't debug
2- Tomcat 4.0.6 won't startup, and now requries a hard coded docBase
(real bad)
3- JSP tags import fine, but are not recognized at all. Not even if
entered by hand.
4- Code completion in scriptlets is totally busted. No code
completion at all.
5- request.getParameter() shows request in red. In a JSP page?

It seems #4 and #5 shake out with a restart, but happen again after a
while? Dunno for sure. #1 and #2 are killers for me, no debugging in
IDEA as far as I can tell... not the 'usual' way anyway.

R

Robert S. Sfeir wrote:

---BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE---
Hash: SHA1

Hani, I just ran into the problem when I setup a new project. No
matter what I do, I can get the taglib import to work, the prefix to
work, but not the tags themselves.

Did you find a solution, and did you file an scr or should I do it?

R

"Hani Suleiman" <hani@formicary.net> wrote in message
news:9978562.1068044544988.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

>>Has anyone been able to get taglibs working in the current EAP? No
>>matter what I do, they show up in red.


---BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE---
Version: PGP 8.0.3

iQA/AwUBP6pWdfnFfb7gdu0gEQKUwQCgvr1yV5ymqNcDzWDugi2eI3oAuKQAmwdw
MqTcubZ1AFIsLvvVBo64ldJh
=8z2/
---END PGP SIGNATURE---


0

Ok,

just had to confess that now I'm getting "errors" with the taglibs also :(

I use the method outlined below.... "restart intellij"..

Works, but sucks...

John

0

BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

it's fixed in the next build, it's a caching issue!

John Childress wrote:

| Ok,
|
| just had to confess that now I'm getting "errors" with the taglibs
also :(
|
| I use the method outlined below.... "restart intellij"..
|
| Works, but sucks...
|
| John
-


BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQE/sofIcV9vuB27SARAmYfAJ0eVb4juVAIJy3XY/6R0j1i1ypGDACdFxo
IplL1sTxiypXWB6ANk8rioE=
=6W7T
-


END PGP SIGNATURE-----

0

I have the same problems. I have the taglibs in the path, declared the tld's as external resources - nothing helps.
It is very annoying to see the JSP all in red.

I would like to declare my taglibs in a JSP include file and would like them recognized in the JSP's where the include file is used.

Reto B.

0

I have absolutely no problems to use taglibs with build 977. The only thing is that I have to declare the taglibs in each single JSP file, not only in an include file.

0

OK, i must admit that i have not the web-app support enabled. I'm using remote debugging and have different configurations for testing in different environments which are built dynamically.
Even with this configurations it was once possible to have taglib support. Don't know what is broken now.

Regards

Reto B.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.