Here are my steps when working with local files:
1) open webstorm, choose "create new project from existing files"
2) select "Source files are in a local directory, no web server is yet configured"
3) navigate to the root folder of my project and click the "project root" button, click finish.
5) give it a name, choose path, click apply, and ok
6) set a breakpoint in js file.
7) go to html file, right click, and choose debug.
8) at this point the console in webstorm shows: Failed to load resource file:///my/path/index.htm:0
The browser window in chrome shows both the '"Jetbrains IDE Support" is debugging this task popup', and chrome "this webpage is not found" modal.
Can anyone let me know what I'm missing or doing wrong? thanks