A bit of backstory ...
I have two (someteims three) different work environments that I use PhpStorm in.
I use GitHub for the VCS with both public and private repos.
Aside from the computer username, the same WAMP version is used for the stack.
Now, with my workflow, to the issue at hand ...
- I open an existing project.
- Click the "Update Project" button
- Get changes
- Almost everytime (8 or 9 out of 10) I will be presented with the "Merge" window if there are file changes (this is typically the .idea file only)
- Choose any of the three options (Yours, Theirs, Merge)
- Re-start project
- Lose deployement server details (read: all details on the "Mappings" and "Excluded Paths" tabs)
Any ideas to consistently *not* have to re-enter all the server details (I deploy to four different servers for most projects)?