I just switched from Mac to Linux and am getting my PHPStorm (5.0.4) set up. I exported/imported my settings and most things seem to have gone well... apart from MySQL code colouring. I have configured my data source and checked the following settings, I think it covers everything from the help page on language injections:
* Settings > Editor > Colors & Fonts > SQL - the preview there shows correctly
* Settings > Language Injections - All are ticked and the both PHP/SQL ones set to SQL (I tried also changing them to MySQL)
* Settings > SQL Dialects - the project is set to MySQL
* Settings > Intentions > Language injections - all ticked
* Settings > Plugins > IntelliLang - enabled
Weirdly, where I have MySQL fragments in string literals, PHPStorm does seem to recognise them as language injections - autocomplete of table and column names works as expected, and right-clicking enables me to generate a DB diagram. But the code is not coloured as it was on my Mac install.
Any ideas of what I'm missing? As far as I can tell, the only difference is the platform itself.