Still unable to debug JavaScript under Chrome

I have not been able to debug JavaScript under Chrome since WebStorm 5.0.2.  I have loaded 5.0.4 and Chrome has the JetBrains Chrome Extension 0.3.11 installed.  When I start debugging, Chrome shows our corporate homepage instead of the page entered in the JavaScript Debug Configuration.  The WebStorm debug window reports "Waiting for connection from JetBrains Chrome Extension" and never connects.  Is anyone else having this problem?


Same problem – I found an issue on youtrack that seems similar so I left some details there


What OS do you work on? What is your Chrome version? Are you trying to debug local files or remote ones?
Please, try running Chrome with logging enabled (--enable-logging --v1 - you can modify Settings/Web Browsers/Chrome accordingly) and check the log (sh be created in ~\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\ if you are on Win 7, for example)


Here are the details:

OS: Windows XP, SP3

Chrome Version: Version 23.0.1271.64 m (latest)

JetBrains Chrome Extension: 0.3.11

The files I'm debugging are remote.  My PC has a second Ethernet port that is connected to my device under test as a point-to-point connection.  The device has its own DHCP and DNS servers.  It serves the domain name "qpm", and the target URL is http://atb.qpm/index.html.  The Ethernet port only has the TCP/IP stack attached to it.  I disabled all the Microsoft NETBIOS drivers.  I am able to manually browse the device with any browser.

In my dealings with support over this same problem on 5.0.3, they claimed that WebStorm could not bind to standard port 63342.  I verified that this port was available and not being blocked by writing my own server and successfully bind and listen on this port.

I am attaching chrome_debug.log and idea.log


This helped somewhat.  A new tab now opens and my web page is being displayed, but breakpoints are not working.  I've gone back to 5.0.2 so I can get some work done today.


Please sign in to leave a comment.