I recently bought this product as I thought it'd be better than Eclipse etc. It is, but more and more I see this project is a joke, just like Firefox, new general release every few months. When updating to 5.0 (which obviously no one tested before release) this I what I found out:
- deleting of directories does sometimes simply not work, I have to rename it and then delete it (I use SVN, which support is pretty bad and I don't even use 1.7 yet)
- in 5.x when I do SVN UPDATE files get updated yet IDE opens an OLD version, are you serious?! I have to manualy click some refresh button, this worked fine in 4.x
- many times when I do SVN UPDATE the revision number is messed up, in local .svn/entries there is just some revision number way higher than actual current release and I have to then manualy change this for everything to work again
- 5.x does not recognise new files being added in Finder (I again have to click refresh)
- what is with that info window after SVN UPDATE, how do I stop that windows to show me some info I don't need every single time?
- bug: you cannot rename files when you just change the case (renaming menu.php to Menu.php), file will just dissapear
- sometimes when I open a project it just doesn't recognise this project being connected to SVN, I simply cannot update/commit
- seriously, 5.0 version and still no proper or at least basic project management/list? The ONLY way to access projects is with File -> Recent. Seriously? Does anyone look at issue tracker, where a request for this exists for 2 YEARS?!
Guys, you are having a great product, stop with new features, stop throwing everything in there, stop releasing new major version every few months, take a break, fix and stabilise what you currently have and then continue with new features. Otherwise this product will become crap sooner or later, which would be a shame.
And yes, I know I write in perhaps an arrogant way, but this tool I PAID for just took few hours of work away from me right now because there is obviously no testing done before release. Bravo and thank you, really.