I'm having trouble setting up xdebug with PHPStorm 4.0.3.
My issue seems very similiar to this discussion: http://devnet.jetbrains.net/message/5462505
I'm running Windows 7 and my development server is running Debian Squeeze, Apache/2.2.16, PHP 5.3.6. I've compiled xdebug from GIT yesterday having followed this guide:
My Xdebug config:
I've set up a brand new project to try this, leaving all the defaults in place, even so, I've attached a screenshot of the debug config.
I've created some bookmarks for debugging from here, using the default IDE key (PHPSTORM): http://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/marklets/
Here are the steps I follow:
- Set a breakpoint in my code
- Click the icon for 'Start listen PHP Debug Connections'
- Run the 'Start debugger' bookmark.
- I browse through the website to the page that triggers the breakpoint and I receive the following event log messages over and over again:
Cannot accept external Xdebug connection: Cannot evaluate expression 'isset($_SERVER['PHP_IDE_CONFIG'])'
- If I use the 'stop debugging' bookmark or stop PHPStorm listening for debug connections, then the messages stop instantly.
Clearly xdebug on my development server is connecting back to my desktop's IP, but something appears to be screwing up in PHPStorm?
I've be very thankful for any suggestions as I'd love to get xdebug working.