2.1.1 won't stop indexing

Hi JetBrains,

since the update to 2.1.1 PhpStorm starts to reindex a certain large PHP project any time I'll open it. It gets close to 100% but never finishes and can't be used or even quit. What can I do?

I've already deleted Preferences/WebIDE10 and Caches/WebIDE10 – w/o success.
I can open other (but much smaller) projects with 2.1.1.
And I can still open (and reindex) the large project with 2.0.1.

Thanks for any tipps :)
Tom

9 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Please file a bug to the project issue tracker.
We also need to quickly narrow problem down to specific language:
disable JS plugin, restart IDE and try opening project. Than try same for PHP and CSS plugins.
Please include disabling what plugin helped.
Also attaching idea.log is may be useful.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Dang, thought I had a fix, but seems I was wrong.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Alon,
Thanks for your tip... – but it doesn't work for me.
Meanwhile I found out that the PHP plugin is the culprit and I have file an "issue".

bb Tom

0
Comment actions Permalink

+1 with this problem.  After several restarts my projects finally indexed BUT all deployment settings were lost.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Gents, we fixed indexing-related performance problems in upcoming 2.1.2 RC.
Stay tuned and please report your experience after update.

0
Comment actions Permalink

2.1.2RC seems to have fixed the indexing issues I was having, I never had 2.1.1 lock up on index, but it did do a full re-index EVERY time I loaded my one project.

O.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm on 2.1.4 and am experiencing the indexing problem. I started using 2.1.2 as a trial. I purchased the product and updated to 2.1.4 and have only experienced the indexing issue since updating to 2.1.4. I never installed 2.1.3.

I'm on OS X Lion with no plugins installed. The issue I get is constant re-indexing with existing projects. The indexing will finish, but start up again within a few minutes. Today, I started a new project and it is currently hanging with a message of "Stopping - Indexing" and a the progress bar looks to be at about 2-5%.

0
Comment actions Permalink

1. ensure that all files are located on the local HD (remote files should be only synced via Deployment plugin).
2. ensure that you are only user changing these files
3. Invoke File|Invalidate caches & restart IDE
4. Proceed along with http://devnet.jetbrains.net/docs/DOC-1253 filing performance report with CPU snapshot for the "indexing hanging" part if problem persists.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank Alexey! Worked perfectly! I'll report back if I get further problems.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.