Database stuck on "Loading" when showing tables

I am running into a fairly consistent issue in the Database Tool window where the tables never appear when I expand a db. All that shows is "Loading..." So far, the only way I can get it to actually show the tables is to restart PhpStorm. I have tried disconnecting and synchronizing the data source, but still only see "Loading..."

Has anyone run into this and been able to figure out why it happens and how to fix it? Thanks!

9 comments
Comment actions Permalink
Official comment

Hi,

Local cache may be the issue. Did you try invalidating it via File > Invalidate Caches/Restart > Invalidate and Restart?

If not then, please, try and let us know the results.

Comment actions Permalink

Hi there,

Got the same here (PhpStorm v10.0.3). Still can run synchronize and it appears to be working (it recognizes new tables/columns in code completion) but sill unable to see columns in actual side panel.

Funny thing -- it was working last week just fine... and no updates to any DB related stuff (e.g. in PhpStorm or actual local MySQL server).

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the response, Vladimir. Next time I see this happening, I will try your recommendation and report back.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi, I had the same problem. The solution from Vladimir seems to work. Thanks!

0
Comment actions Permalink

I just ran into this issue this morning and tried the Invalidate and Restart, but it did not work. Still just have "loading..." and a spinner in the Database view. Generally, in the past, if I just restart PhpStorm (not invalidating cache) it would work, but having to restart is inconvenient.

0
Comment actions Permalink

The issue is reported and is currently under investigation. You can vote for it to move it up in the queue and receive status updates.

1
Comment actions Permalink

fwiw, I had the same problem, but the invalidate-caches-and-restart worked for me.  It seemed in my case to be tied to switching between database servers.

0
Comment actions Permalink

same issue here (restart of IntelliJ fixed connection)

IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.6 (Ultimate Edition)
Build #IU-181.5540.7, built on July 11, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1136-b39 amd64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Windows 7 6.1

0
Comment actions Permalink

Problem appeared aas soon as I installed sqllite scout, disappeared as soon as I uninstalled it. We have a remote mysql database and a local sqlite one we like to interface with.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.