Debugger reporting wrong values ?

Hi,
since I've updated to AppCode 1.5.2 I'm getting some strage debugger behaviour. Sometimes the debugger just won't "step in" to a method and sometimes it's reporting "nil' values for objects that have been initialized. Here is a screenshot.

The debugger is on the last line of the method. It is reporting a nil value for the "assignmentDictArray" ant the watch variable "assignmentDictArray.count" also doesn't work. When I log the value it shows that this array has been nitialized and has "5" elements

http://f.cl.ly/items/0P1D1a1C1h2p2D430F3z/Screen%20Shot%202012-04-08%20at%205.37.55%20PM.png

What's wrong ?

5 comments

Is the problem reproducible?
Does the same problem occur with GDB?
Is assignmentDictArray a real instance variable or a generated? If it is a generated variable, please try making it a real value and see if the problem remains.

Does evaluation of 'self->assignmentDictArray' or '[self assignmentDictArray]' work?

0

Anton.Makeev wrote:

Is the problem reproducible?
Does the same problem occur with GDB?
Is assignmentDictArray a real instance variable or a generated? If it is a generated variable, please try making it a real value and see if the problem remains.

Does evaluation of 'self->assignmentDictArray' or '[self assignmentDictArray]' work?


[self assignmentDictArray] works

My class looks like this

@interface AssignmentViewController : AbstractPlayerTableViewController {
    NSMutableArray *assignmentDictArray;
}
@property(nonatomic, strong) NSMutableArray *assignmentDictArray;

@end



When I use GDB it works

I can reproduce it in my project but I haven't tried setting up a sample project which isolates the behaviour.

cheers
Tex
0

This looks like a LLDB/runtime/threading issue.
Please try the following and see if any of the options helps:
* make property atomic
* assign to the field directly 'assignmentDictArray=xxx'

Please also check if Xcode reports the same value of not.

Is it possible to send us a sample project with such a problem?

0

I have a similar problem.
I have an Xcode workspace with several apps and a common library.
Every now and then it seems as if the common library has not been built correctly after I made a change.
Stepping into functions in the debugger ends up in weird places in the correct file, and it seems related to the changes I made.
Of course values are off as well. So they show as nil, or in blue for some reason.
When I do a clean and full rebuild the problem usually goes away.
Xcode never has the problem. But the whole idea of using AppCode is not to have to use Xcode any more since for the rest it is vastly superior.

Eric.

0

Same issue with intellij 2018.3 and Jdk 1.8 201 and 1.8 202

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.