I'm using AppCode 1.6 with C/C++ in OS-X 10.6.8, and there's some display options I sorely miss and was wondering if they might be possible:
1) How to display an integer value as hex?
- Currently, the debugger automatically displays addresses as hex, but I have found no way to display an integer value as hex.
2) How to display arrays in order?
- Currently, when I display an array, it will show the values in a very strange order: It will display index 0, then indicies 10-19, then index 1, then indices 20-29, then index 2, etc, etc. And I can't get to index 100 no matter how many times I say "show more results". Is there a way to just show an array sequentially?
3) How can I see the value of a character array as a string?
- I use C strings all over my program, but even when they are constants, I can only view them as an array of characters, which, combined with the out of order index issue in (2) means they are unreadable. Is there any way to view a character array as a text string?
ALL THREE OF THESE ISSUES persist in the Debugger window, the Watch window, and live popup values in the editor window - so it's a universal formatting issue.
I really appreciate any advice. I appreciate AppCode tremendously, but there are also some little issues like this that definitely hurt my productivity, and they seem like such small things that I figure I must just not know what I'm doing...