Is there anything I can do to make it easier to detect when new text appears in a PyCharm console window? I have a long-running task in a console which outputs the same text repeatedly. I don't care about the text itself, but it's important to me to know when new
text has appeared.
Trying to imagine things that might help, are any of these things possible?
- Expire text in the console after some period of time
- Automatically clear the console on some regular interval
- Show line numbers in the console (so I can at least see them moving)
- Something else?
Why do I care about this?
I run "grunt watch" in PyCharm to monitor files in my IDE and run some automated tasks like browserify. When I'm working on web client code, this means a common workflow is:
1. Change a source file.
2. Wait for the console output to tell me that grunt has run.
3. Refresh my browser window to pick up the changes.
The problem I have is that once grunt has run a bunch of times, it's hard to visually detect when the console text actually changes. I just see a continuous stream of the same couple lines of output.