I'm on OSX 10.9.5 and been trying out CLion since EAP Version 1.x. This problem has always been there. In recent times it got a lot worse, though. I am developing a medium sized C++ project (set up with CMAKE) mainly based on template programming. I observe constant and pretty much reliably reproducable freezes when I do one of the following:
* Command-Click on a symbol.
* Break in template classes
* Some other problems that seem to cause this, but I can't really reproduce those so reliably.
When the freezes occur, occasionally it takes a few seconds (~10s) and snaps out of it, in most instances though there is nothing to do but to restart the IDE. When the freezes happen I get 200% - 400% CPU (it's locking up 2-4 cores) and the IDE becomes completely unresponsive. However, Finder still registers it as 'active' (still showing 'quit' not 'force quit' as option to end in the dock), which makes me think this is perhaps a thread issue. I have tried the following steps to remedy the problems without avail:
* Invalidate caches and restart
* Increase the JVM memory parameters
* Delete the CLion directory in ~/Library
* Delete all Clion related preferences etc.
* Re-install the software from scratch
* Delete my project and check out from scratch
* Run the project with different CMAKE options
Anyways: any ideas on how to remedy the situation are greatly appreciated!