Trouble navigating source code. Ctrl + Click on Method names to navigate doesn't work

Hi,


Operating System: Windows 7
RubyMine Version: 4.5.4
Keyboard shortcut Keymap : Default

We are experiencing problems when we try to navigate across source code using Control + Click on method names. The expected behavior is the method name should be highlighted in blue and allow us to click to navigate to that method definition. But this doesn't work for all methods.

This makes navigating the source code very difficult because everytime we are doing a full search to find the method definition we are looking for.

Is there something we are missing?

any inputs on this will be helpful.

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

I'd start with invalidating caches (File|Invalidate Caches) and this will not help could you please provide RM's logs (Help|Show Log in ...)

Regards, Oleg.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the response.

Invalidating the cache is an option we don't want to try as of now because we are in the midst of development and the next commit is scheduled sometime middle of next week.

However I can provide the logs as requested.

I will be happy to provide additional logs if needed.



Attachment(s):
idea.log.5.zip
idea.log.zip
idea.log.2.zip
idea.log.3.zip
idea.log.4.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

it looks like you need to invalidate caches.  BTW it should takes just several minutes.

Regards, Oleg.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I suddenly started having this problem with the Ruby plugin in IDEA Ultimate.  When I looked at the logfiles, I noticed a bunch of exceptions from the Python plugin that I had also installed.  (I work with a variety of different languages at work...)  Disabling the Python plugin and restarting IDEA made the Ruby navigation stuff work correctly again without having to invalidate caches or anything.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I had a similar issue (same symtoms) after updating an IntelliJ

disabling the incompatible Gerkin plugin (which also disabled the bundled Java Cucumber Plugin) it works again, You may be on to something with the Ruby Plugin

 

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.