rubymine952 won't start

Hi, I used rubymine for 2 weeks and it's work fine but after I update my os (archlinux) when I run rubymine it won't start. I see splash, splash dissaper and then nothings happend.

But:
$ ./rubymine.sh
(no error )

and

$ ps auxw | grep java
shark     8203  127  7.4 814736 154916 pts/1   Sl+  15:47   0:14 /opt/java/jre/bin/java -Xms32m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -ea -Xbootclasspath/a:../lib/boot.jar -Didea.platform.prefix=Ruby -Didea.plugins.compatible.build=9900 -Didea.no.jre.check=true com.intellij.idea.Main

$ /opt/java/jre/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_14"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

9 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

Hi, I used rubymine for 2 weeks and it's work fine but after I update my os (archlinux) when I run rubymine it won't start. I see splash, splash dissaper and then nothings happend.


But:
$ ./rubymine.sh
(no error )


and


$ ps auxw | grep java
shark     8203  127  7.4 814736 154916 pts/1   Sl+  15:47   0:14 /opt/java/jre/bin/java -Xms32m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -ea -Xbootclasspath/a:../lib/boot.jar -Didea.platform.prefix=Ruby -Didea.plugins.compatible.build=9900 -Didea.no.jre.check=true com.intellij.idea.Main


$ /opt/java/jre/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_14"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

Please press Ctrl+\ from terminal, where you launch RubyMine and post/attach result here. It seems that you faced with some deadlock.

Regards,
Oleg

0
Comment actions Permalink

output atached



Attachment(s):
rubymine.txt
0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Adam,

We haven't found out anything extraordinary in threaddump attached, could you please attach all the content of ~/.RubyMine10/system/log folder?

Regards,
Oleg

0
Comment actions Permalink

added



Attachment(s):
log.tar.bz2
0
Comment actions Permalink

Please try remove all the RubyMine caches at ~/.RubyMine10/system.
Hope this help!

Regards,
Oleg

0
Comment actions Permalink

no, still nothing ):

another tip:

$ ps auxw | grep java
shark     6024 71.8  7.5 803912 155928 pts/2   Sl+  17:03   0:27 /opt/java/jre/bin/java -Xms32m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -ea -Xbootclasspath/a:../lib/boot.jar -Didea.platform.prefix=Ruby -Didea.plugins.compatible.build=9900 -Didea.no.jre.check=true com.intellij.idea.Main
$ strace -p 6024
Process 6024 attached - interrupt to quit
futex(0xb7224bd8, FUTEX_WAIT, 6027, NULL (waiting on this)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

What OS configuration do you use?
I use Ubuntu 9.04 64bit, Gnome 2.26.1, Java 6 update 14 32 bit and everything is ok.
According to logs and dumps RubyMine continues executing normally, maybe your windows manager fails and you just cannot see the window?

Regards,
Oleg

0
Comment actions Permalink

I have Archlinux 32bit sync up2date with this installed: attach
running fvmw 2.5.27 with theme fvwm-crystal 3.0.6

and it's stop working after probably this update:

[2009-06-10 08:53] synchronizing package lists
[2009-06-10 08:57] starting full system upgrade
[2009-06-10 08:58] starting full system upgrade
[2009-06-10 09:26] upgraded python (2.6.2-1 -> 2.6.2-2)
[2009-06-10 09:26] upgraded gajim (0.12.1-1 -> 0.12.2-1)
[2009-06-10 09:26] upgraded git (1.6.3.1-1 -> 1.6.3.2-1)
[2009-06-10 09:27] upgraded glib2 (2.20.2-1 -> 2.20.3-1)
[2009-06-10 09:27] upgraded gnome-applets (2.26.1-1 -> 2.26.2-1)
[2009-06-10 09:27] upgraded libtasn1 (2.1-1 -> 2.2-1)
[2009-06-10 09:27] upgraded gnutls (2.6.6-1 -> 2.8.0-1)
[2009-06-10 09:27] upgraded gtk (1.2.10-8 -> 1.2.10-9)
[2009-06-10 09:27] upgraded gtk2 (2.16.1-1 -> 2.16.2-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded icu (4.0-2 -> 4.2-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded imagemagick (6.5.2.7-1 -> 6.5.3.2-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded libcanberra (0.11-2 -> 0.12-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded libgsf (1.14.13-1 -> 1.14.14-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded libmysqlclient (5.1.34-1 -> 5.1.35-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded libpng (1.2.36-1 -> 1.2.37-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded mysql-clients (5.1.34-1 -> 5.1.35-1)
[2009-06-10 09:28] upgraded mysql (5.1.34-1 -> 5.1.35-1)
[2009-06-10 09:29]  * relogin or source /etc/profile.d/openoffice.sh
[2009-06-10 09:29]  * see http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Openoffice
[2009-06-10 09:29]    how to use extensions, e.g. for spell checking
[2009-06-10 09:29]    see /opt/openoffice/share/extension/install what
[2009-06-10 09:29]    is shipped with this package
[2009-06-10 09:29] upgraded openoffice-base (3.1.0-1 -> 3.1.0-2)
[2009-06-10 09:30] upgraded ruby (1.8.7_p72-3 -> 1.8.7_p160-1)
[2009-06-10 09:30] upgraded subversion (1.6.2-4 -> 1.6.2-6)
[2009-06-10 09:30] upgraded vte (0.20.2-1 -> 0.20.3-1)
[2009-06-10 09:30] warning: directory permissions differ on var/log/wicd/
filesystem: 1363  package: 755
[2009-06-10 09:30] upgraded wicd (1.5.9-1 -> 1.6.0-1)
[2009-06-10 09:30] upgraded wine (1.1.22-1 -> 1.1.23-1)
[2009-06-10 09:30] upgraded xdg-utils (1.0.2-1 -> 1.0.2-2)
[2009-06-10 09:30] upgraded zenity (2.26.0-1 -> 2.26.0-2)



Attachment(s):
list.txt
0
Comment actions Permalink

I saw something very similar on Linux Mint. I was working fineon RubyMine-125.9 but Rubymine auto-upgraded to RubyMine-125.39 it would not start (or show the splash screen). Also failed if I tried to install 125.39 by downloading the tar file. I was able to get around it by moving the existing rubymine directory I was running from to rubymine_old and doing a fresh install to a new directory.

It seems like there's some issue when it tries to pull your settings from a previous version...

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.