RubyMINE 4.5.4 - Setting the same proxy as in another IDE and browser does not work

I installed RubyMine 4.5.4 on a Windows XP box, set up the same proxy parameters as I have in the browser and Netbeans, but unfortunately RubyMien can't connect to Github. Should I open some addiional ports in the firewall? If so, wher can I find this information?
Thanks and regards

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

Where have you set up the proxy settings?
What actually happens when RubyMine tries to connect to github?

0
Comment actions Permalink

At startup, I get the following errors/warnings:

14:45:30 RubyMine Database Integration
         Rails data sources detected, but some
         additional drivers are required for RubyMine
         to connect to the database
         Download drivers
         (show balloon)
14:46:36 Failed to load remote gems
         (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
         bad response Proxy Authentication Required 407 (http://rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)
         Please check proxy settings and gem urls
14:46:37 Failed to load remote gems http://gems.github.com
         (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
         bad response Proxy Authentication Required 407 (http://rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)
         Please check proxy settings and gem urls
14:46:51 RubyMine Gem Manager
         RubyMine has detected that
         some of the gems required for 'jlc-invest'
         are not installed
         Install missing gems
         (show balloon)

I set up the proxy settings via 'File-Settings' (or directly by clicking on the 'Settings' icon. Then in the section 'IDE Settings -> HTTP Proxy. I put the following value:
- The checkbox 'Use HTTP proxe is checked'
- in the field 'host name': my.proxy.com
- in the field 'port number': 8080

No authentication is required, so the below fields for Login and Password are left empty.

I used exactly the same values as in Netbeans wher everything worked fine.

regards

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.