I got the notice that 3.2.1 is available. What SHOULD have happened is:
1) I click a button named "Upgrade", there is a spinning beach ball for a while, then a notice telling me to restart RubyMine and the new version works.
What actually happened is:
1) I clicked the only available button, which took me to a web page that did NOT have a button that says "Upgrade". After flailing around a bit, I chose the button "Download".
2) I then opened the dmg that was downloaded and installed. This installed a whole new version so I now have two different versions of RubyMine.
3) I started up the new version, and it asked me for my license again. I dug around in my old emails and reentered my license.
4) All my settings are gone. I spent some time going through all the options in preferences trying to remember how I had it set up.
5) The wrong RVM was pointed to. I have "rvm use 1.9.2 --default", so I would have expected that to be the one that RubyMine would use. This caused a message saying that gems were not installed. I knew they were installed, but it definitely was a point where I was nervous about what it was doing.
6) When I started debugging it said my debugging gem was out of date. I used it this morning with the old version just fine, though. I allowed it to reinstall it.
7) So far, so good, at least with the one project I tried. I hope that when I open other projects that they just work like they used to.
So, the net effect was that I lost an hour and a little confidence in RubyMine, but mostly, I will delay taking the next update until I have plenty of time and patience.