Refactoring is very slow – and sometimes completely useless

When I move several partials from one directory to another RM takes up to several minutes (!) to check for dependencies – but the dependencies aren't found/reported anyway. Renaming partials is a little bit faster, but the check is useless too – no dependencies reported at all. I've to fix them manually.

I often put partials into subdirectories...

For example in: app/views/schools/show.html.haml:
= render :partial => "schools/admin/partial"

This renders sucessfully app/views/schools/admin/_partial.html.haml.

Is this the reason why the dependency check fails? What is checked anyway? Why is refactoring so slow?

I'd like to be able to bypass dependency checks at least when moving/renaming partials.

Hubert
----
RM 96.552/MacOS X 10.6.4/MacPro 2x2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon/7GB RAM

1 comment
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Hubert,

When I move several partials from one directory to another RM takes up to several minutes (!) to check for dependencies – but the dependencies aren't found/reported anyway.

Renaming partials is a little bit faster, but the check is useless too – no dependencies reported at all. I've to fix them manually.

I often put partials into subdirectories...

For example in: app/views/schools/show.html.haml:
= render :partial => "schools/admin/partial"

This renders sucessfully app/views/schools/admin/_partial.html.haml.

RubyMine supports rename refactoring for partials, however in your particular case you may experience some bug.
Please check the existing issue: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RUBY-4295

I'd like to be able to bypass dependency checks at least when moving/renaming partials.

This is not supported yet, issue: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RUBY-3441
Feel free to vote, comment and track progress of it.

Best regards,
Oleg

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.