Ruby-Debug-Ide problem

Hello,

I am having an issue that I'm hoping someone might have run into before and therefore can help me out with.  I am having issue with installing the ruby-debug-ide gem in either 1.1 or 2.0 of rubymine.  The error I recieve is as follows:



Following gems were not installed:
ruby-debug-ide:  While executing gem ... (Errno::EACCES)
     Permission denied - /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-debug-ide-0.4.9 Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org




Now I find this strange as gems will install fine using 'sudo gem install'.  However when I try to install this particular gem using sudo gem install I get the following error:



s:1.8 ~s$ sudo gem install ruby-debug-ide -v=0.4.7
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
ERROR:  Error installing ruby-debug-ide:
 ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/opt/local/bin/ruby extconf.rb install ruby-debug-ide -v=0.4.7
extconf.rb:10:in `initialize': wrong number of arguments (0 for 1) (ArgumentError)
 from extconf.rb:10:in `new'
 from extconf.rb:10

Gem files will remain installed in /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-debug-ide-0.4.7 for inspection.
Results logged to /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-debug-ide-0.4.7/ext/gem_make.out




I have about pulled my hair out on this one.  I've tried env paths changes... and to be honest I'm not sure 100% what I should be looking for in my setup that might be causing this issue.   Below are some outputs of various indicators of how I am setup.  Yes I realize I am working way behind the curve. Unfortunately I am supporting an app that was written 4 years ago and was never brought up to speed.  I am also fairly new to ruby/rails so I'm still learning as I go.

Any help will be appreciated!


Mac OSX 10.5.5
XCode 3.1.4


s:1.8 ~$ echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/git/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin


s:1.8 ~$ rails -v
Rails 1.2.3



s:1.8 ~$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.7 (2009-06-12 patchlevel 174) [i686-darwin9]

s:1.8 spspriggs$ gem -v
1.0.1

s:1.8 ~$ gem env
RubyGems Environment:

RubyGems Environment:
  - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.0.1 (1.0.1)
  - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2009-06-12 patchlevel 174) [i686-darwin9]
  - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
  - RUBY EXECUTABLE: /opt/local/bin/ruby
  - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
    - ruby
    - x86-darwin-9
  - GEM PATHS:
     - /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
  - GEM CONFIGURATION:
     - :update_sources => true
     - :verbose => true
     - :benchmark => false
     - :backtrace => false
     - :bulk_threshold => 1000
  - REMOTE SOURCES:
     - http://gems.rubyforge.org


3 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Well turns out I solved my own issue.

I did some more searching, and found someone recommending ruby-debug-ide v 0.4.2 instead of 0.4.7 as I was trying earlier.  0.4.7 would generate errors where as 0.4.2 seems to install and work correctly.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm on MacOS 10.6.1 and I have both 0.4.9, 0.4.7 ruby-debug-ide gems installed for bundled /usr/bin/ruby interpreter.

0
Comment actions Permalink

We have an issue which is maybe related to this one in our bug tracker: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RUBY-5341

Message was edited by: Oleg Shpynov

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.