RubyMine lockup

I am able to consistently (twice in a row at least) lock up RubyMine.  I run a project with two files -- one is source and one is an rspec test file.  I debug the rspec file and get an odd result as described in another post about problems debugging an rspec script.  I was going to do a screen shot of the information in the console window.  I wanted to expand the console window, so i tried clicking on the "detach" icon.  At this point, RubyMine became unresponsive, and 100% of my cpu time was spent on the RubyMine.exe task.  I tried the detach button on other windows in RubyMine, and they worked properly.

This may be related to the problem I am having with ruby-debug on rspec files which is currently believed to be a ruby gem problem, but I wanted to report it.

Running on windows XP

Thanks



Attachment(s):
Image2.jpg
9 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I think it was RubyMine's problem. Have you managed to wait until RubyMine became responsible?

Please attach RubyMine auto thread dumps as described - http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/docs/DOC-1144

0
Comment actions Permalink

I didn't ever see RubyMine become responsive again.  I also don't see any log files, so I am not sure what to attach.  I will be happy to get you whatever will help if you can give me a little more explanation.  I am just not sure what to do.

Thanks

0
Comment actions Permalink

Please try to reproduce it and then take a thread dump using "jstack" command line utility. It should be bundled with Java on MacOS. You should execute "jstack pid >> log", where pid - is pid of your RubyMine process. Please invoke it 5 times and send us your log file with 5 thread dumps

0
Comment actions Permalink

Which RubyMine do you use? RubyMine 2.0 Beta 2?

0
Comment actions Permalink

I am using RubyMine 2.0 Beta 2.  I am away from the computer in question for a few hours.  I will get the data tonight and send it.

Thanks

0
Comment actions Permalink

I've just noticed that you are using Windows. On Windows "jstack" utility is located in Java SDK bin directory, same directory as java.exe and javac.exe.

0
Comment actions Permalink

That is correct -- the jstack utility was where you described.

I executed the jstack command once after I ran the debugger on the rspec script but before it was locked up.  Then I clicked on the detach button as described above which locked up the app.  I then ran jstack five more times after the app was locked.  File is attached.

I will be happy to help with any other tests or data that you want.

Thanks



Attachment(s):
log.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

David, we've just published RubyMine 2.0 Beta 3. Please try it, I contains several fixes and probably will help you.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Beta 3 does appear to have solved this issue.

Thanks!

Dave

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.