Trouble debugging rubymine 558

I'm trying to get debugging going with rubymine, I thought the version before worked but I can't swear to it.

It seems when I start the debugger the break point is never hit that is set.  More to the point, It seems like I can't get a connection to the server.  Below is the output of the window:


/usr/local/bin/ruby -e STDOUT.sync=true;STDERR.sync=true;load($0=ARGV.shift) /usr/local/bin/rdebug-ide --port 53192 -- /Users/stevehardin/dev/testme/script/server mongrel -p 3000 -b 0.0.0.0 -e development
Fast Debugger (ruby-debug-ide 0.4.2) listens on :53192
=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails 2.1.2 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
** Rails loaded.
** Loading any Rails specific GemPlugins
** Signals ready.  TERM => stop.  USR2 => restart.  INT => stop (no restart).
** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It might not work well.
** Mongrel 1.1.5 available at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Use CTRL-C to stop.



 


Using Mac with Leopard build 558. below is my gem list:


*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.1.2)
actionpack (2.1.2)
activerecord (2.1.2)
activeresource (2.1.2)
activesupport (2.1.2)
capistrano (2.5.2)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
columnize (0.2)
daemons (1.0.10)
fastthread (1.0.1)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
highline (1.5.0)
hpricot (0.5)
linecache (0.43)
mongrel (1.1.5)
mysql (2.7)
net-scp (1.0.1)
net-sftp (2.0.1)
net-ssh (2.0.4)
net-ssh-gateway (1.0.0)
rails (2.1.2)
rake (0.8.3)
ruby-debug (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-ide (0.4.2)



Attached is a screen shot of the debugger in action:





Attachment(s):
Picture 1.png
6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I'm having the same problem.  I just upgraded to 558 from 500.  In 500 the debugging worked great.  In 588 I put a breakpoint in and the application seems to hit it, because the request is not returned (the browser is still waiting for the response).  However, in the ide I don't get any visual feedback that the breakpoint was hit.  Pressing the 'run/continue' button doesn't help though.  The request still doesn't go through.  The only thing that works is killing the ruby process.

I hope this gets fixed soon.  Debugging a rails app is one of the great features of RubyMine.  Its, in fact, the feature that convinced me to switch from TextMate.  I really appreciate the work you're putting into RubyMine.  I think its a great product and I'm looking forward to 1.0.

If there is any other information you need to fix this problem, please contact me and I'd be happy to provide it.

Austin


/opt/local/bin/ruby -e STDOUT.sync=true;STDERR.sync=true;load($0=ARGV.shift) /opt/local/bin/rdebug-ide --port 52700 -- /Users/amoore/Sites/rails/myapp/script/server default -p 3000 -b 0.0.0.0 -e development
Fast Debugger (ruby-debug-ide 0.4.0) listens on :52700
=> Booting WEBrick...
=> Rails 2.1.1 application started on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server; call with --help for options
[2009-01-03 13:12:07] INFO  WEBrick 1.3.1
[2009-01-03 13:12:07] INFO  ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11) [i686-darwin9]
[2009-01-03 13:12:07] INFO  WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=15452 port=3000



 



OS: Max OS X 10.5.5

ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9]
ruby installed with darwin ports



 

Rails: 2.1.1
Gems installed:

actionmailer (2.1.1, 2.0.2)
actionpack (2.1.1, 2.0.2)
activerecord (2.1.1, 2.0.2)
activeresource (2.1.1, 2.0.2)
activesupport (2.1.1, 2.0.2)
columnize (0.2)
diff-lcs (1.1.2)
fastthread (1.0.1)
geoip (0.8.0)
giternal (0.0.1)
hoe (1.8.2)
linecache (0.43)
mime-types (1.15)
mojombo-grit (0.9.4)
nifty-generators (0.2.2)
open4 (0.9.6)
ParseTree (3.0.2, 2.1.1)
passenger (2.0.6)
rack (0.4.0)
rails (2.1.1, 2.0.2)
rake (0.8.3)
rdiscount (1.2.11)
RedCloth (3.301)
ruby-aaws (0.4.4)
ruby-debug (0.10.2)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.2)
ruby-debug-ide (0.4.0)
ruby-openid (2.1.2)
ruby2ruby (1.1.8)
rubyforge (1.0.1)
RubyInline (3.8.1)
rubypants (0.2.0)
sake (1.0.15)
schacon-git (1.0.7)
sexp_processor (3.0.0)
sinatra (0.3.2)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.4)
uuidtools (1.0.7)
ZenTest (3.11.0)



0
Comment actions Permalink

Just to be sure, I set the date back to 2008 and fired up RubyMine 500.  I put a breakpoint at the same location that didn't work in build 588 and started the debugger.  Breakpoint was hit and the debugger worked like a charm.  The only difference is the RubyMine version.  Looks like debugging really is broken in 558 (at least for my project on my machine).

Austin

0
Comment actions Permalink

i got the same problem too. i've rolled back to 535 and it immediately worked fine.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Same issue here, unfortuntaely I don't have any previous versions of rubymine around and I cannot find a download location for previous builds. Does anyone know where I might find one.

It looks like this issue has been raised on the bugrtracker.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi guys,

Thanks for issue! This week we will take a look at the issue. Old versions you can download from our site:
1. MacOS - http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/rubymine535.dmg
2. Windows - http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/rubymine535.exe
3. Linux - http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/rubymine535.tar.gz

You can watch a status of the issue at http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RUBY-2643

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi folks,

This problem is fixed, will be available in coming RubyMine EAP and IntelliJ IDEA Ruby plugin.

Thanks,
Oleg

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.