Now the plugin can detect VisualVM automatically if you have JDK 6u7 or higher already configured in IDEA. Error handling is also improved.
The plugin should now work also on Linux and Mac, although I have not yet tested it. Neither have I tested how it works with applications running under 64bit JVMs. Any feedback from users of those platforms is welcome.
- Works with the bundled VisualVM which comes with JDK 6 Update 7 and above
- Detects bundled VisualVMs automatically, in which case no configuration is necessary
- Should work also with Linux and Mac (not tested, also not sure about 64 bit JVMs)
- Defaults to jdk15 profiler interface for better compatibility (hardcoded)
- Warns about invalid configuration
Description: Launches VisualVM's Java profiler from within IDEA. VisualVM is based on NetBeans Profiler and it is bundled with JDK 6 Update 7 and above. VisualVM may be downloaded for free from https://visualvm.dev.java.net/