A new version of External Code Formatter[/url] has been released. Now it supports also any code formatter tool which can be executed on the command line.
There are only a couple things that I'll do before releasing an official 1.0 version. Specifically, help documentation for custom code formatters and undo support.
Recent change notes:
- Support for any code formatter which has a command line interface.
- Improved performance: Reformats all selected files by starting Eclipse only once
- Added help documentation
- Added program icons
- Switched development platform to IDEA 7.0 and JDK 1.5 for maximum compatibility
- Initial release
- Ctrl+Z does not work after reformat (IDEA sees reformatting as an external change)
- Does not support reformatting a selection within a file.